• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon looking thin

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
I have a female beardie that is alert but is always looking thin. She is eating but she always has a flat stomach. Any ideas?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
These are her
88f1f040882dbb6f3f6616db3c8b1e46.jpg
abe6329d85558e59a9faa799ff93bfbc.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She looks ok from the pictures from what I can tell..She is young right? What are you feeding and how often are you feeding?? As babies they should be fed 3 times a day what they can eat in 15 min.
Not sure if you are aware of this but colored lighting of any kind is harmful to their eyes over time as it doesn't allow their pupils to constrict and dilate properly. If your using it for heat you should be getting enough heat from your basking bulb that should be overlapping with your UVB bulb. Nighttime temps would be your area of concern for heat but as long as they don't drop below 65F you are fine as they need the cool down with no lighting on at all.

I see your using taptalk so you won't see the links that are below my comments but if you go into the general care section there are posts at the very top about Information for new comers.. you should take a look there as we have put together a ton of info that you may find helpful for food suggestions, lighting, temps and more.

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
She looks ok from the pictures from what I can tell..She is young right? What are you feeding and how often are you feeding?? As babies they should be fed 3 times a day what they can eat in 15 min.
Not sure if you are aware of this but colored lighting of any kind is harmful to their eyes over time as it doesn't allow their pupils to constrict and dilate properly. If your using it for heat you should be getting enough heat from your basking bulb that should be overlapping with your UVB bulb. Nighttime temps would be your area of concern for heat but as long as they don't drop below 65F you are fine as they need the cool down with no lighting on at all.

I see your using taptalk so you won't see the links that are below my comments but if you go into the general care section there are posts at the very top about Information for new comers.. you should take a look there as we have put together a ton of info that you may find helpful for food suggestions, lighting, temps and more.
Ok thank you! And I've been feeding her 3 days a week. Monday Wednesday and Friday. I feed her in the morning, sometimes she will eat, sometimes she won't. And I try to feed her 3 times a day but she only eats once, with occasionally eating again. Occording with the breeders we got them from, she is around 2 yrs old.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thank you! And I've been feeding her 3 days a week. Monday Wednesday and Friday. I feed her in the morning, sometimes she will eat, sometimes she won't. And I try to feed her 3 times a day but she only eats once, with occasionally eating again. Occording with the breeders we got them from, she is around 2 yrs old.

2 years old?????? looks more like 6 months old to me maybe younger.. how long is she??

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
What is your enclosure like? temps? lighting? what are you feeding?
I know she seems too young to me but the breeder said she's older, along with her other siblings. She is about 10 inches head to tail. Her viv is about 1.5 × 6 feet.
7ff87f9189348b5e48d9b4abf53236f8.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so the first few pictures are those current ones or previous ones? She looks bigger in the tank in the last picture.. what are you using for UVB?
I would not feed mealworms as they contain chitlin in their shells making them hard to digest, Kale shouldn't be the only green being fed as it's an occasional to be fed item but if paired with collard greens, mustard greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens it's ok.. kale just isn't a solid nutritional green alone.
have you thought of other bugs? Dubia roaches are amazing and 1 = 6 crickets nutritional wise, superworms, silkworms, BSFL, are all great feeders

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Please tell us what kind of bulbs you are using and we can help you. I second everything that Hdrydr31 said, we can help you out if you give us some more info.