• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon looking quite tired

brindle01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,
We have had out beardie for approx 4 months . We haven't had any issues and he's been in good health. The last 10 days or so he has turned white,he shedded his tail and his legs a few weeks ago with no issues and he's had no issues previously in shedding,and now it looks like he is about to start a full body shed. He is still eating,locusts and roaches. Poos are normal. He just isn't doing very much at all and tends to go in his hide about 6.00 in the evening. I have upped his baths to try and get the shed started as iam pretty sure that's the reason for him being the way he is as he was the same last time but it didn't go on for quite as long. Is this normal? We have recently put him in a bigger viv,a 6ft one, with a longer UVB strip light,he has a heat lamp. Humidity is between 30 and 40 % and his basking temp is between 30 and 32 Celsius. I have been over doing it with calcium, dusting his insects twice daily but have now reduced this and he has a multivitamin twice a week. I feed him spring greens and butternut squash,red pepper,alfalfa. What fruit can he have please and how often ? Also since moving him into his big viv he hasn't neen eating his greens himself but is happy for me to hand feed. Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you.

Attachments

• 20211206_131706.jpg
    20211206_131706.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 3

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,
We have had out beardie for approx 4 months . We haven't had any issues and he's been in good health. The last 10 days or so he has turned white,he shedded his tail and his legs a few weeks ago with no issues and he's had no issues previously in shedding,and now it looks like he is about to start a full body shed. He is still eating,locusts and roaches. Poos are normal. He just isn't doing very much at all and tends to go in his hide about 6.00 in the evening. I have upped his baths to try and get the shed started as iam pretty sure that's the reason for him being the way he is as he was the same last time but it didn't go on for quite as long. Is this normal? We have recently put him in a bigger viv,a 6ft one, with a longer UVB strip light,he has a heat lamp. Humidity is between 30 and 40 % and his basking temp is between 30 and 32 Celsius. I have been over doing it with calcium, dusting his insects twice daily but have now reduced this and he has a multivitamin twice a week. I feed him spring greens and butternut squash,red pepper,alfalfa. What fruit can he have please and how often ? Also since moving him into his big viv he hasn't neen eating his greens himself but is happy for me to hand feed. Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,
Please get your basking temps up to 95-100 F they are way too cool you have temps for the cool side of the tank - being given this info lets go over the UVB first your UVB needs to have a reflector if it does not have a reflector its basically doing no good - the reflector reflects the rays downward to him --- what is the brand and the bulb of the long tube fixture -- does your tank have a screen on it? this also makes a difference in placement and distance which is also EXTREMELY important for the health of the dragon --- please lay off the baths dragons do not need baths that often --- let the shed do its thing and yes they turn different colors when shedding -- he needs supplements but the frequency depends on the UVB your using here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
For a year old dragon insects should be fed 2-3 times per week and calcium D3 once per week regular calcium NO phosphorus 2 times per week and that will depend on the UVB bulb your using vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week and if hes eating greens really good you dont need to dust the insects --- if not then the 2 x per week is recommended