• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon gender and feeding

Klaurent1003

Bearded Dragon Egg
6146CA24-7BB6-4476-B859-67E750F16345.jpeg
0CCBC546-DEB7-4020-8272-A70B41FCC659.jpeg
7CC3A212-F0BE-4B50-A06D-F880495FC840.jpeg
0CCBC546-DEB7-4020-8272-A70B41FCC659.jpeg

Hi here’s my beardie. I think it may be a male but not sure it’s my first one. How do I get it to eat its greens? I offer and it’s not interested and I leave it in there until lights out. The temp is around 105-110. It takes the roaches and crickets just fine. Any advice? Other helpful tips for a newbie owner would be awesome.

thanks!

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum :) , tbh i think its too young to sex (atleast for me) usually they start showing signs of maturity around 6-9 months of age, may we see the enclosure? And what kind of uvb do you have? This is important, NO “coil” “compact” uvb bulbs, you want a long tubular uvb, with a fixture that has a reflector in it…. Have you tried giving him fruit? Mango n bananas are my girls favorites, he needs mainly protein right now, it’s okay if hes not eating veggies, just give the veggies to the bugs and gut load them before feeding him, is there a soft cloth in his enclosure? They love soft things ik weird…

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 27929View attachment 27928View attachment 27927View attachment 27928

Hi here’s my beardie. I think it may be a male but not sure it’s my first one. How do I get it to eat its greens? I offer and it’s not interested and I leave it in there until lights out. The temp is around 105-110. It takes the roaches and crickets just fine. Any advice? Other helpful tips for a newbie owner would be awesome.

thanks!
He is too young to tell age as of yet --- post back on here w/ pics around 6 months or so we can try then - as far as eating salads get him some BSFL www.symtonbsf.com order mediums DO NOT dust them feed as many as you want on top of his salads --- hand feed a few of them then drop them on top of his salads in front of him -they are a great staple feeder-- the movement will get his attention -- feed first thing in the morning before his main staple insect --- he should start to eat them even if only a little -- you will want a dish that they cannot get out of something like this https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
here is a nutrition website ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
you can also use some medium super worms as well but only feed 1-3 of them
this site has roaches and other worms as well the BSFL on this site is called nutri grubs -
www.dubiaroaches.com they have a sale going on roaches now
Make sure your UVB and basking temps are up to par --- NO coils for UVB and basking temps are being taken w/a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate

Latest posts