• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon eye problems

EthanCM

Bearded Dragon Egg
For the last few weeks my dragons eye haven't been able to open properly. Specifically the Nictitating membrane. (only left side) And has been noticeably lethargic. Spends most of his time with his eyes closed. Not sure what I can do to help him

Attachments

• 141736712_171937597617055_8754167451754626307_n.jpg
    141736712_171937597617055_8754167451754626307_n.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For the last few weeks my dragons eye haven't been able to open properly. Specifically the Nictitating membrane. (only left side) And has been noticeably lethargic. Spends most of his time with his eyes closed. Not sure what I can do to help him
What are you using for a UVB any coils get rid of them ASAP--- and how many dragons do you have and are they housed together?

EthanCM

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was using a uvb tube from zoo med. Its been off for around a week now. Thought that might be causing a problem. I only own one dragon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was using a uvb tube from zoo med. Its been off for around a week now. Thought that might be causing a problem. I only own one dragon
What is the bulb ? A T 5 or a T 8 and where in the tank is it? Are you using any colored bulbs or off colored basking bulbs like yellowish or off white? What are you using for a substrate? NO loose substrate like sand or wood chips or coconut soil etc

Broly

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Can you confirm if you mean that you turned your UVB off a week ago and your beardie has not had any UVB since?

EthanCM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Took him to the vet few weeks ago. They didn't know what was wrong with him.. He has been very active lately but his nitrating membrane is always shut so he cant see anything.

Attachments

• 155037381_888019575330545_9105738195160305699_n.jpg
    155037381_888019575330545_9105738195160305699_n.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Took him to the vet few weeks ago. They didn't know what was wrong with him.. He has been very active lately but his nitrating membrane is always shut so he cant see anything.
Please get rid of the coil that's the problem - you need to get a long tube fixture- like a zoo med 24" for a 40+ gallon tank--- this fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a backup distance and placement is different from the bulb you need a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5-- please get this replaced ASAP-- when you get the new uvb-- let me know I will help you place it in the tank

EthanCM

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get rid of the coil that's the problem - you need to get a long tube fixture- like a zoo med 24" for a 40+ gallon tank--- this fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a backup distance and placement is different from the bulb you need a 22" Reptisun 10.0 T 5-- please get this replaced ASAP-- when you get the new uvb-- let me know I will help you place it in the tank
il do that first thing tomorrow! Il post again in a few days with the results

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
il do that first thing tomorrow! Il post again in a few days with the results
Sounds good but placement and distance is key here -- let me know what you get please

EthanCM

Bearded Dragon Egg
replaced the light. Things seemed to get better for awhile. Started becoming more active but now he seems to be back where he was before.. and now is wheezing and coughing

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
replaced the light. Things seemed to get better for awhile. Started becoming more active but now he seems to be back where he was before.. and now is wheezing and coughing
Where is the UVB and what bulb did you get -- we need to get it placed properly in the tank --- wheezing and coughing any crackling? Is there any mucous coming out of nose or lots of saliva in the mouth -- heavy breathing? Basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO stick ons --