• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Eye Issue

smoshtastic

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I’m new to owning a bearded dragon. I adopted Fitz back in March and he’s been perfectly healthy. He is about 7-8 years old. Last week he started to show a scary behavior. He keeps one eye closed, though I have seen him open it and look around. He had some shed on his eye but it doesn’t seem to bother him, especially after I cleaned it up for him. He also chooses to stay on the colder side of his tank. When it comes to food, he eats fruits, worms, and veggies, but he doesn’t want to eat his mustard greens. He was always so enthusiastic to eat them but now refuses to even look at them. I’ve noticed now, he just doesn’t seem as happy which makes me fear he is ill. One thing to note, he seems to have a small bump/bite that looks like a pimple that he hates for me to mess with. As of right now, I’ve been doing a warm compression on his eye. Any help would be appreciated. I’m hoping he can just overcome this struggle before I go to the vet.