• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon eye color?

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys, this is just a topic that I'm curious about. :p

Do all bearded dragons have the same eye color, or are there variations? I mean, I know with other animals like dogs, there's a lot of variation. One of my dogs has yellow eyes, one has dark brown and my friend's dog has blue.. :p And obviously with humans you get lots of different eye colors too.

Loki's eyes are bright yellow, and my friend Sarah's lizard had darker eyes, sort of brown.. Are shades of yellow and brown all that are common? What color eyes does your dragon have?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most dragons have yellow/brownish eyes. Occasionally there is a variation. But anything close to that color pattern is pretty normal.
The trans has black eyes to my understanding.

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Harley has yellow/brownish eyes, and my baby Stubbs has dark as night eyes...even outside they are pitch black ::)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
as to color I have seen red eyes, brown eyes, gold colored eyes, solid black (trans) eyes, and I have seen 2 dragons with what appeared to be very light blue irises (not leuci).

The oddity that caught my fancy is I have seen around 3-4 babies sold on various sites that were sporting viper pupils (slant pupils). I still wonder what causes that particular deformity.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
as to color I have seen red eyes, brown eyes, gold colored eyes, solid black (trans) eyes, and I have seen 2 dragons with what appeared to be very light blue irises (not leuci).

The oddity that caught my fancy is I have seen around 3-4 babies sold on various sites that were sporting viper pupils (slant pupils). I still wonder what causes that particular deformity.

That sounds so cool. Where did you see these?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
couple of different places over the past few years. Im not sure if it was a fluke. I havent seen any "breeding projects" of people trying to pursue it so it is possible it was just a birth defect. You never know though. Things change so much in this hobby. No one would have imagined having translucent dragons, leatherbacks, and silkies 12 years ago lol.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think the Viper eye was proved to be a fluke that couldn't be replicated by breeding. The person thought it was something to do with the incubation. I've seen a couple dragon with very blue eyes, red eyes (my lizzy had reddish eyes) and I had a trans with jet black eyes and the rest had yellow

sublyme

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Always wondered this myself, Zeus has golden eyes that fade into brown. looks like a brown eye that someone brushed a little gold into' truly unique. I will try and get a picture 8)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This has been interresting to me too.
When I first got Pogie her eyes were golden. It was sooooo beautiful. It seemed to change with age
This is from about 3 months ago (Kinda brown/gold) I guess
SNC00262-1.jpg

And now they look bloodshot (So guess red / reddish brown)
IMG_3142-1.jpg

Samone Van Buskirk

Bearded Dragon Egg
I know this is an old post but have any of you ever seen anything like this in a dragon?

It's gonna be hard but I'm looking for a female like him with the two colors in the eyes, I got him a while ago and I have no clue where he came from.
a28c3dc41cda1c5b9f22f3f9b5c260ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
My guy has the alien solid black eyes that comes with the trans gene...I think?
He is a hypo-translucent and one of em does it lol

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
I'd love to see these red eyes y'all speak of...
It can't be real red, like albino red.
I've always thought that there has never been an albino dragon yet

Post the red eye please

Chloe_Isobel

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'd love to see these red eyes y'all speak of...
It can't be real red, like albino red.
I've always thought that there has never been an albino dragon yet

Post the red eye please

My dragon Lumpy has red eyes. No idea why.. bit he does. He is a 5 yr old rescue so I don't know if the breeder tried to breed him like that or it was a defect..

Attachments

• IMG-20190915-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190915-WA0000.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 129