• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rustleinthewoods

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello I have a 9 month old bearded dragon and we just upgraded him to a 120 gallon tank. He’s been glass surfing and jumping on the walls non stop and I don’t know the issue. He did this in his last cage two which was 40 gallons so I thought he wanted a bigger enclosure. The new tank isn’t reflective btw. I’m using a mercury vapor bulb 100 watt for his basking light and a reptisun 10.00 uvb light. The cool side is average temp of 70-75 and basking spot is about 85-90. Do I need to give him a stronger heat source? If so any recommendations? His basking light is 11 inches away from his basking spot. Thank you .

Attachments

• E3398067-A4AF-46DE-AD1F-567CE03E350B.jpeg
    E3398067-A4AF-46DE-AD1F-567CE03E350B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello I have a 9 month old bearded dragon and we just upgraded him to a 120 gallon tank. He’s been glass surfing and jumping on the walls non stop and I don’t know the issue. He did this in his last cage two which was 40 gallons so I thought he wanted a bigger enclosure. The new tank isn’t reflective btw. I’m using a mercury vapor bulb 100 watt for his basking light and a reptisun 10.00 uvb light. The cool side is average temp of 70-75 and basking spot is about 85-90. Do I need to give him a stronger heat source? If so any recommendations? His basking light is 11 inches away from his basking spot. Thank you .
There needs to be a piece of decor directly underneath the UVB -- if its a T 5 distance needs to be 12-15 inches -- what brand is the MVB?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The MVB is Thrive Brand
Please get rid of it ---- if you want to use the MVB go w/ a PowerSun or a Mega Ray they are really good ones -- that Thrive brand is junk -- I can help you place it when you get it -- certain distances for those bulbs

Rustleinthewoods

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please get rid of it ---- if you want to use the MVB go w/ a PowerSun or a Mega Ray they are really good ones -- that Thrive brand is junk -- I can help you place it when you get it -- certain distances for those bulbs
Okay I’ll look into that thank you. If I’m already using a reptisun UVB do I need MVB? Is there a regular basking light you’d recommend?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay I’ll look into that thank you. If I’m already using a reptisun UVB do I need MVB? Is there a regular basking light you’d recommend?
Ok so the MVB is a Thrive brand? And the UVB is a Reptisun? Your MVB is not warm enough if your only getting basking temps of 85-90 you need basking temps 105-110 for a baby --- juvie/ adult 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- that is a MUST---- regular basking lights would be a Exo Terra basking bulb -- your tank is a 120 gallon I use 150 watt Exo Terra in my tanks ---

Rustleinthewoods

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so the MVB is a Thrive brand? And the UVB is a Reptisun? Your MVB is not warm enough if your only getting basking temps of 85-90 you need basking temps 105-110 for a baby --- juvie/ adult 95-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer --- that is a MUST---- regular basking lights would be a Exo Terra basking bulb -- your tank is a 120 gallon I use 150 watt Exo Terra in my tanks ---
I just bought a Exo terra 150 watt and it definitely made the temps go up to 108 on his basking side. Do you know if this light gives of uva?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just bought a Exo terra 150 watt and it definitely made the temps go up to 108 on his basking side. Do you know if this light gives of uva?
Your uvb will give uva I think- I am not sure but w/ both proper lighting the basking and UVB it will come from one- I've never paid attention I will haft to find that out tho- I know I use the same basking bulb and have never had issues w/ the dragons--- what brand and bulb is the UVB?

Rustleinthewoods

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your uvb will give uva I think- I am not sure but w/ both proper lighting the basking and UVB it will come from one- I've never paid attention I will haft to find that out tho- I know I use the same basking bulb and have never had issues w/ the dragons--- what brand and bulb is the UVB?
It’s a Zoomed T8 10.00 UVB reptisun bulb