• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded dragon almost 2 years old and only 16 inches.

spicyorca

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is almost 2 years old and looks like a juvenile and is only 16 inches is this normal? I'm really worried.

Attachments

• Photo on 7-25-21 at 7.23 PM.jpg
    Photo on 7-25-21 at 7.23 PM.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is almost 2 years old and looks like a juvenile and is only 16 inches is this normal? I'm really worried.
Dragons grow at different rates but the lighting and basking temps and diet play a huge role in their development - please go over the UVB brand and bulb --- coil or tube--- basking temps how are you taking them? NO stick ons please--- and the diet ---

spicyorca

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dragons grow at different rates but the lighting and basking temps and diet play a huge role in their development - please go over the UVB brand and bulb --- coil or tube--- basking temps how are you taking them? NO stick ons please--- and the diet ---
Sorry about the images I couldn't format them where I wanted them. I have zoomed dual deep dome with 100 watts zoomed basking light and 100 watts zoomed compact uvb bulb. The basking spot is around 99 degrees using an infrared cooking thermometer. I feed my beardie dandelion greens, mustard greens, and as many 1-inch dubias as she will eat. I dust her meals frequently with calcium and d3 supplements. Sometimes as a treat I will give wax worms but I don't buy them often because my parents don't like them.
Zoo Med Combo Deep Dome Dual Lamp Fixture - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
Zoo Med Heat Basking Spot 100 w & UVB 5.0 26 w Combo Pack | eBay

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
I always thought My beardie is small for his age, he's a year old and 17 and a half inches, I am hoping he is going to grow as he gets older. But Sadie is right, UVB and heat are very important for them to grow!