• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

beard wrinkle

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
I have a question about my beardie’s beard. I will attach a photo too. It seems like there’s a streak of spikes on his beard that are jutting out. I do not think it is dehydration (i’ve been spraying him and bathing him a lot more than normal because he’s shedding), but he has been shedding his beard this week so that may be it. He is acting normal but I just wanted to check it out.

Attachments

• 7B394DDD-81DE-49F5-8684-80D83F1E8400.jpeg
    7B394DDD-81DE-49F5-8684-80D83F1E8400.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Do you mean the 8 or so scales to the left? A d was he puffing out his eyes when u took the picture? Everything looks normal to me :) , my girl has a couple scales that go in weird directions too, if your dragon has any dunner traits in him that could be why, some dragon’s even have “upside down” beards

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ur guy does have pretty pronounced spikes im thinking its that

Buffalo97

Hatchling Dragon
Ur guy does have pretty pronounced spikes im thinking its that
thanks for your responses! i don’t think he was puffing his eyes out, it was just the angle of the photo. i shot the photo up to him which made them look bigger than usual. i just checked and his eyes look normal now. also i’m going to look into that dunner thing. I honestly have never heard about that but i’ll definitely do some research. thank you!