• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Alright, there are only 2 people on this forum so I'll try to kick the forum off with a few informational posts that can help the forum gain some members.
If the forum Admin, (@Josh) has the ability to "sticky" this thread to the top of the "Dietary" sub-forum, I hope he does so.

So, have you ever wondered what to feed your bearded dragon?
If so, you're not the first.
In the sea of answers that tell you, they're right and others are wrong, but then you find another answer that says they are right and others are wrong, it's hard to find a straight-forward answer.
So, I'm here to give you that straight-forward answer you've been looking for.

I will not go into crazy detail about every food. I am only going to tell you what they can and can't eat. If you want more info on a separate food, look it up yourself.

(I will attach a "Safety Meter" at the end of each food. 10 will be deadly to your BD, and 1 will be completely safe.)

Greens:
--------------

Kale - A very good food to feed your BD. Most people say that kale has too many oxalates, but that is a myth. (1/10)

Collard Greens - An amazing food for your BD. Quite possibly one of the best foods for your BD. (1/10)

Mustard Greens - Another amazing food. They are very high in calcium, which your BD needs a lot of. (1/10)

Turnip Greens - These are very high in essential nutrients. Such as calcium, vitamins, etc. (1/10)

Oregano - Only feed in small increments in a salad. Other than that, they're a great green to feed your BD! (1/10)

Bok Choy - Another great green to feed your BD. High in nutrients. (1/10)

Dandelion Leaves - Another great food for your BD. They are VERY high in calcium, which is great. (1/10)

Escarole/Endive - An okay green, I wouldn't feed them too much though. (2.5/10)

Alfalfa Hay - A good green to feed your BD, but only adult BDs should eat it. (2/10)

Red/Green Cabbage - In moderation, it is a great green/vegetable to feed your BD. Because it's high in calcium and other essential nutrients. But you shouldn't feed them cabbage too much. (4.5/10)

Cilantro - They can eat cilantro, although, you shouldn't make it a staple in their diet. (3/10)

Rhubarb - Rhubarb is very toxic to your BD. Don't feed it to them. (10/10)

Spinach - Another terrible green to feed your BD. Don't feed it to them. (8/10)

Swiss Chard - Not good for your BD. Don't feed it to them. (8/10)

Beet Tops - Beet tops are not good for your BD at all. Don't feed it to them. (9/10)

All Types of Lettuce - NO. They are all terrible for your BD. DO NOT FEED IT TO THEM! (11/10)

Do not reply to this thread, I will be posting more info in a moment.
BDD

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Vegetables:
--------------

I am only going to go through the most common types of vegetables, no exotic veggies. If you have an exotic vegetable of some sort, please look it up yourself. Thanks.
---------------
Bell Peppers - My favorite vegetable to give a BD. It is an amazing vegetable for them! Be aware, it will give them slight diarrhea. (1/10)

Artichoke - A good food for your BD. Only feed them the artichoke hearts, chopped up though. Do not feed them artichoke leaves! (1/10)

Squash - They can eat squash. They can eat Spaghetti, Butternut, Acorn, Summer, Scallop, and Hubbard squash. If you don't see a type of squash listed here, look it up yourself. Make sure you check how to chop up squash for your BD first. (1/10)

Sugar Snap Peas - Only feed occasionally. (1/10)

Carrots - A good food for your BD. It shouldn't be a staple in their diet though. Make sure you chop them up small enough for your BD to eat. (2/10)

Asparagus - Only feed occasionally. (2/10)

Sweet Potato - Ony feed occasionally. (3/10)

Arugula - Don't make this a staple in their diet. (3/10)

Celery - They can eat celery, although it's not advised. You will have to make sure you prepare it small enough that it doesn't get stuck in their digestive tract. (3/10)

Broccoli - You should only feed broccoli to them about once a month. Do not make it a staple in their diet. (3/10)

Sweet Corn - Don't feed them any sweet corn. It isn't good for them at all. (7/10)

Any Type of Onion - Don't feed your BD any onions!!! They aren't good for your BD at all!!! (9/10)

Do not reply to this thread, I will be posting more info in a moment.
Thanks.
BDD

Aries77

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Aries
20201220_153553.jpg