• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking bulb

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello @dragonscales, what are you wanting to do with the bulb? Since to me it doesn't look like it produces UVB or heat.
I’ve been researching what to buy on beardeddragon.org
Under what to buy scroll down to basking bulb and it says:

“Basking Bulb

A Bright White bulb. This can be a normal household bulb, or a branded reptile basking bulb. There are very minimal differences between your normal household incandescent/halogen, and the fancy 10x the price reptile basking bulb.

Basking Fixture

I would recommend a dome fixture with a ceramic socket

is this site accurate, valid?
thanks

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I’ve been researching what to buy on beardeddragon.org
Under what to buy scroll down to basking bulb and it says:

“Basking Bulb

A Bright White bulb. This can be a normal household bulb, or a branded reptile basking bulb. There are very minimal differences between your normal household incandescent/halogen, and the fancy 10x the price reptile basking bulb.

Basking Fixture

I would recommend a dome fixture with a ceramic socket

is this site accurate, valid?
thanks
A lot of house hold bulbs not not produce enough heat. I would suggest to buy a lightbulb online from PetSmart they're a lot cheaper that way and are designs for reptiles. That dome fixture is good though.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This should be my last question concerning basking bulbs
I just bought this bulb. Will it do?thanks much
13D293A7-CC3B-4708-83EA-E6318525CE92.jpeg

Latest posts