• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Basking bulb or heat guard not working?

Jiminycrickets

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I've just received my heat guard (with
15823971476372141076119.jpg
15823971901381172147213.jpg
a switch) to hold my basking bulb and it looks fine. But I tried to screw in my bulb (Arcadia 75w Solar Basking Floodlight) and there's nothing. Like no reaction at all.
I've tried unscrewing it and putting it back in and it's not working.

I'm not sure if it's the bulb or the actual heat guard. Any help would be highly appreciated!

P.S. Ive noticed that the heat guard reaches too close to the ground so would it be alright if I placed the heat guard + bulb in the enclosure horizontally?

Jiminycrickets

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need to see if the fixture your using is defective and not the bulb itself-- get another 75 watt bulb and screw it in and see if the light comes on - just a regular HH bulb will work - the heat guard has nothing to do w/ the light not working------------ and no I would not put it in there horizontally you dont want the light shinning directly into your dragons eyes
Hi! Thanks for replying! It's just that I have to screw in the bulb into the heat guard and that will control when the bulb turn on/off so I'm not too sure if it's the bulb or the guard/holder.
After a bit of investigating I've found that the bulb Is just burnt out. Not sure how if happened but it burnt out.

Not sure how I'm gonna put the heat guard + bulb in the enclosure. I was sure that putting it in horizontally was alright :015824012299271496844707.jpg 1582401269626754868048.jpg