• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
What UVB bulb is best for baby bearded dragons? I was looking at the Zoo Med ReptiSun T8 10.0 UVB Lamp. I feel like my dragon isn’t getting enough UVB. Also, how many lamps/lights should be in his tank?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What UVB bulb is best for baby bearded dragons? I was looking at the Zoo Med ReptiSun T8 10.0 UVB Lamp. I feel like my dragon isn’t getting enough UVB. Also, how many lamps/lights should be in his tank?
You only need two good bulbs for your tank --- one good bright white basking bulb that keeps temps 105-110 for a baby NO colored bulbs and temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate for basking temps--- and one good UVB NO coils---- a T 8 is a good bulb if your tank is 40+ gallon I recommend a T 5 if your tank is 18" or higher --- I would get a 24" fixture w/ a reflector --- they are a stronger bulb and need to be changed out once a year T 8's every 6 months -- distance and placement requirements for the 2 different bulbs --- if you need more help please ask

landon ✰

Hatchling Dragon
Are UVA lights the same as the heat (basking) lights? I only have a basking heat lamp and a coil UVB (which I am buying a new one soon). Are UVA’S required and the same as basking heat lamps?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are UVA lights the same as the heat (basking) lights? I only have a basking heat lamp and a coil UVB (which I am buying a new one soon). Are UVA’S required and the same as basking heat lamps?
UVA is w/ your UVB -- basking bulbs are simply heat bulbs--- NO coils please get rid of it - I posted in my last post of what you need ---- your dragon will NOT survive w/ that coil bulb -- they are inadequate -- if you need more help please ask--- the bulbs have distance and placement requirements --- T 8' and T 5's

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
For a basking light get a Repti Basking Spot bulb. You can get a two pack on amazon for $12. As far as uvb goes, the one that you are suggesting should be good. Just make sure you place it right!

edit: Make sure the bulb is 125-150 W.