• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Dragon Refuses To Eat Greens

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My baby bearded dragon is refusing to eat his greens. Should I try some new greens, or is there something else I can do?
Get some BSFL also known as nutri grubs and some small super worms from here www.dubiaroaches.com
I would get him some small dubia roaches and use the nutri grubs and small super worms 1-3 add to the top of his salads let him see you do this feed first thing in the morning -- do not dust the nutri grubs only his roaches or crickets you can use those as well but you would need to pull the legs off the crickets to add to the salad bowl - let him eat from the salad bowl for like a hr w/ his nutri grubs BSFL then add the staple insect - the BSFL are a great staple feeder and a good compliment to the BSFL -- here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Mr.Chicken Nugget

Hatchling Dragon
Get some BSFL also known as nutri grubs and some small super worms from here www.dubiaroaches.com
I would get him some small dubia roaches and use the nutri grubs and small super worms 1-3 add to the top of his salads let him see you do this feed first thing in the morning -- do not dust the nutri grubs only his roaches or crickets you can use those as well but you would need to pull the legs off the crickets to add to the salad bowl - let him eat from the salad bowl for like a hr w/ his nutri grubs BSFL then add the staple insect - the BSFL are a great staple feeder and a good compliment to the BSFL -- here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Alright, thank you.

beardie mom

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just posted a new thread about dubia roaches being illegal in Florida, but I should have kept reading! Nutri grubs are a good staple feeder just for babies or as they get older as well?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I just posted a new thread about dubia roaches being illegal in Florida, but I should have kept reading! Nutri grubs are a good staple feeder just for babies or as they get older as well?
They're fine for older beardies, but you'll need a lot of them because they're small. Some beardies will also swallow them whole and pass them without digesting them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They're fine for older beardies, but you'll need a lot of them because they're small. Some beardies will also swallow them whole and pass them without digesting them.
Yes they can but if fed slowly they wont do that -- I have had people say they were doing that and advised them to feed slowly instead of a bunch all at one time - that will slow them down and yes older dragons will eat a lot of them as well but they are a good source of food --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can get discoid roaches in Fla they are similar to the dubias