• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Baby Beardie (Alduin) Suddenly Aggressive?

Crawford

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I've had my little Aldy for about a month now.

Left him alone for the first week so he could adjust as was recommended by the shop.

Second - third week I started handling him once every other day, he'd squirm and run away, try to escape from my hand every few minutes, but it seemed liked it was getting better.

Fourth week he didn't run away from me as much when I went to grab him, and he seemed to squirm less while holding him.

Went on vacation for 4 days, had my roommate look after him (bed time, meal info, cleaning, etc).
I came back and he was extremely lazy, barely moving around except to eat, wasn't standing on his back legs, got pissed off any time I put my hand in the cage and when I went to pick him up.. he bit me.

I let him do his thing for a few days, making sure his routine was back to normal. He's appeared to have calmed down, lighten in color, he's using his back legs.

BUT

He stares at me like a hawk, especially whenever I move he follows me around with his eyes lol. Not only that, he runs away from my hand like crazy, seems like he's gonna bite me if I try to pet his chin (which he used to like), and he also leaves his mouth open while I hold him.

What should I do or why do you think he's acting like this?

20190726_154501.jpg
20190726_154611.jpg
20190709_144317.jpg

Crawford

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'll go pick up a ceramic heat emitter bulb today and replace the red one. I also changed his floors so he'd have more grip (noticed he was slipping) and the cardboard was meant to block his reflection.

Crawford

Bearded Dragon Egg
He was also shedding like mad today so maybe that had a part in his aggression. I took him out for a bath and once he noticed I was helping with his shedding, he hasn't gaped at me once :D!

Attachments

• 20190727_135124.jpg
    20190727_135124.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28

Crawford

Bearded Dragon Egg
AND he's using his back legs and running around ever since I changed his flooring

Attachments

• 20190727_112108.jpg
    20190727_112108.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39

Crawford

Bearded Dragon Egg
Even when I had the red coil in there (which I had for a month since I got him as per recommendation by the store), he always ate fine, there's nothing wrong with his appetite at all. I've replaced the red one with a 150W white one, his other light is his UVB light. He gets some greens with every meal, crickets 2x a week, mealworms the rest with CALCIUM Mon-Fri & VITAMINS Sat-Sun.
He seems A LOT happier now that I've changed his flooring and his routine is back to normal. The floors actually have nothing in them that he can get his feet/nails caught in but thank you :)! It's also sealed so that nothing can get under it and I remove all crickets after feeding time (his mealworms go in his feeding dish with his calcium).

Attachments

• 20190729_183931.jpg
    20190729_183931.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 20190729_183937.jpg
    20190729_183937.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 20190729_183942.jpg
    20190729_183942.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33

Londo Mollari

Bearded Dragon Egg
Never ever listen to the pet smart people they have no idea what they are doing. They just want to sell you things. If you are going to get a reptile get one from a breeder. Also never help with their shed. Unless it is stuck. It will come off eventually. When shedding give them a bath every second day.