• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Babies hatching but not coming out of egg

Bosasmama30dragoneggs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there everyone I have a very serious question so I have 30 bearded dragon eggs that were laid 68 days ago. Yesterday I looked at the eggs in the incubator just to check on them and I noticed two had deflated I thought because I had recently candles the eggs that I must have hurt them or harm them in some way and cause them to die so I went to scoop them up in a cup to dispose of them but before I did I felt and saw a head and it moved so I quickly cleaned off the dragon and I pulled the egg off of it which I didn't know I was supposed to leave it in there and let it absorb the yolk but the two babies are fine that have hatched they're running around there and closure but I have another egg that has deflated. I don't see the dragon's head poking out do I need to put a hole in the egg and get the head out will the dragon suffocate in the deflated egg if I don't take action what do I do because I have 27 eggs to go and I would like to know what do I do so I don't lose any dragons the pictures attached are of the two dragons one of which the head was sticking out the other the egg was deflated and I opened it up and both babies are doing fine but like I said there is a third egg that has deflated and I do not see a head sticking out what do I do
IMG_20210713_020327037_MP.jpg
IMG_20210712_202154110_MP.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can u picture all the eggs, the deflated one, no “candleing” them wouldn’t hurt them, unless u used a real candle……. Did the eggs get marked in the beginning so they didnt get turned or moved? On average they take 60 days, id put the babies back in the incubator so they can move over the other eggs and induce spawning. Idk a whole lot about opening lizard eggs,… i know its safe with snakes but im not so shure about beardies, maybe get a tack and just poke a whole in the deflated one and see what happens :( sorry I couldn’t be of more help

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And id if they pop their heads out just leave em, they’re fine, they need to struggle out of the egg.