• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

*AUGUST* "PIC O' THE MONTH CONTEST" - Discussion Thread

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
Because of last months vote issue....my gf is wanting to make a account and post her bd. But if she does and we are on the same ip address....wont that look like cheating....Or if she dosnt have hers yet, due to us waiting for a home for it. Then she wants to vote for Spazz .....? Just looking for Clarification here.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry but that is the way it must be, the purpose of the Contests are to vote for the Photos on their own merits, not because of who posted them. Having every family member in one household, create an account, to vote for one photo, would be considered padding the votes & yes, be against the rules &\or cheating. If your GF enters her own photo of her dragon & votes for it & you enter a photo of yours & vote for it, that is a different story. Multiple votes for the same photo from the same IP, will not be allowed. Does that help clarify things a bit.

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
We understand Germ. Just wanted to ask. Stupid it had to be asked. Thank you for clarifying though. Yeah my gf is planning on getting one. The store near here has some albino babies that she is looking at....

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Attention Please!!!
Clear Photos only. Blurry, poor quality photos will not be accepted or posted. Please email photos full size. Please do not resize them, photos will be resized if necessary, to 768px 'High' &\or 1024px 'Wide' by the Contest Admin to fit & all be uniform, prior to posting.
All entries will be resized to the above mentioned resolutions. Please submit your entries in as high a resolution as possible. Tiny 320px By 240px will not be accepted, as they wash out too badly when resized larger.
Thank you for your understanding & cooperation.​
BDF Pic O' The Month​

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Because of last months vote issue....my gf is wanting to make a account and post her bd. But if she does and we are on the same ip address....wont that look like cheating....Or if she dosnt have hers yet, due to us waiting for a home for it. Then she wants to vote for Spazz .....? Just looking for Clarification here.
Sorry but that is the way it must be, the purpose of the Contests are to vote for the Photos on their own merits, not because of who posted them. Having every family member in one household, create an account, to vote for one photo, would be considered padding the votes & yes, be against the rules &\or cheating. If your GF enters her own photo of her dragon & votes for it & you enter a photo of yours & vote for it, that is a different story. Multiple votes for the same photo from the same IP, will not be allowed. Does that help clarify things a bit.
We understand Germ. Just wanted to ask. Stupid it had to be asked. Thank you for clarifying though. Yeah my gf is planning on getting one. The store near here has some albino babies that she is looking at....
This subject is under discussion right now, please wait for a further response, prior to submitting different photos from one IP.

Thanks.

blackclaw83

Juvenile Dragon
I didnt mean to start something like this for you all Germ. This Is ment to be a fun contest and that is all. My gf has her own bd now and her own account. I am sad to see that due to a cheating issue this has come to pass. Agin i am sorry for starting something on a fun topic

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No problem, Blackclaw83 ... This is an issue that has to be straightened out, decided & clarified. As you say, it is sad that this issue even has to be addressed, but it must be resolved & the decision has been made. After discussion between the Admin & Staff, the issue will be handled as written in the Contest rules.
  • Entries must be entered by 20:00 (8:00 PM) PDT of the 20th of the month, late entries will be entered into the following month's Contest. A Voting poll will then be added to judge the entries by popular vote. Voting will take place for 7 days from the Voting Thread post time. Single vote per member or IP address. Winner will be announced, posted & displayed on the Home page, by the 1st of every month. (Please note the changes from last month's Voting, due to the tainting of last month's Contest, by a member cheating & padding votes, anonymous voting can no longer be allowed :(. IP addresses will be closely monitored)
  • One submission per member\IP, per month. Past entries, that have not been entered in the immediate two previous monthly Contests, may be entered again. Winning Photos may not be re-entered.
Read more: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/august-pic-o-the-month-contest.6389/#ixzz22E1lBxYg
1 Photo Submission & 1 Vote per IP Address.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@ Bouncer36 - Yes we did & we have replied with 2 emails, one about the size & another as to why it is not being posted in this months contest. Feel free to submit a different one.

Photos that have been posted publicly anywhere on the forum, including but not limited to, Avatars, Signatures, Threads, Profiles and\or Posts, within 15 days prior to the start date of the Contest or during, are NOT eligible. So please consider this, when thinking about posting a pic that you may want to enter into these contests.

TO ALL:
We suggest the entrants read the Contest Rules prior to submitting their Photos.

Thanks.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ok...i understand...Thank you Germ. I will tell tina. Take it easy bud
I feel your pain. My daughter has a BD as well and is a member so if she wanted to join a contest I would just decline to enter. Luckily she seems to have lost interest momentarily...

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
New Contest Logo.jpg
We have several wonderful entries already for this month's contest. But we know there are many other great photos out there.
Show off your Dragons, whether they be Babies or Adults ...
Show your Pride & Joys & be a Winner ...
Enter a Photo Today!!!
Click on the logo above to go to the contest thread for Contest rules & where to submit your entries.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
PICTURES > PICTURES > PICTURES > ENTRIES > ENTRIES > ENTRIES
Thanks to all who have already submitted their entries, those that haven't, please do ...

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I tried e-mailing you a pic from my phone. I have a feeling that you didn't get it. Or maybe you just haven't checked your mail yet. I'm going to try and send it again, so don't get annoyed if you have 2 of the same e-mails. ;)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have only received communication from you on the 1st & 3rd of August - nothing has come through since :confused:, I just checked again ... Still nothing ...

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
hrmm... idk why my phone isn't sending pics. Stupid thing. I just e-mailed it to you again (not via my phone) LOL. Hopefully you get it this time.