• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arcadia deep heat projectors

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
Has anyone had any experience with Arcadia deep heat projectors?

I've read that they're phenomenal at helping provide your dragon with appropriate amounts of Infrared A & B but also provide heat as well.

I guess my question is this. How would one utilize this in their beardie Habitat?

Is it a nighttime only thing?
Could you use it in addition to a basking bulb to create extra heat?

Could I use several of them to provide a nice temperature gradient throughout the tank with dimming thermostats without disrupting his basking spot or UVB light?

I guess most importantly, are they safe?

Here in the very not too distant future I will be ordering my 120 gallon Zen enclosure and I want to be sure that I have appropriate heat and lighting for my beardie to be able to be comfortable in his new home.

I already have the 22" Reptisun T5 HO UVB 10.0 bulb in reflective 24" fixture. (Thank you #Sadie) It will be put inside my new Zen Habitat.

I also have a 150 watt Flukers basking spotlight and a 150 watt black ceramic heat emitter. Both are in a dual fixture. I have all lights on timers as well.

I know this isn't going to be adequate for the newer larger tank which is why I've started exploring other heating options.

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I am wanting to get Charlie the Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light to replace his Flukers basking light.

I also want to get rid of the dual light fixture and get several with dimmer switches for accurate temperature control and replacing my stick on thermometers with digital probe thermometers as well.

I've been considering swapping his Reptisun UVB 10.0 T5 for an Arcadia UVB 14.0 T5 bulb once my current bulb "expires".

Possibly upgrading to the 36" instead of the 24".

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to make sure everything is perfect but not over do it.

Perfect temperature and perfect lighting in a perfect sized enclosure for a long and healthy life.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am wanting to get Charlie the Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light to replace his Flukers basking light.

I also want to get rid of the dual light fixture and get several with dimmer switches for accurate temperature control and replacing my stick on thermometers with digital probe thermometers as well.

I've been considering swapping his Reptisun UVB 10.0 T5 for an Arcadia UVB 14.0 T5 bulb once my current bulb "expires".

Possibly upgrading to the 36" instead of the 24".
I have the Zen and used a 14% in my tanks --- they are a good strong bulb just make sure the 14% is strapped to the top of the tank and I had my distance at 17-18 " from the basking decor - it was right under the bulb -- the 14% bulb will go right into the 24" fixture -- I would not get a 36" inch the 24" works good --- you want him to be able to get out of those rays w/ out hiding from it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Has anyone had any experience with Arcadia deep heat projectors?

I've read that they're phenomenal at helping provide your dragon with appropriate amounts of Infrared A & B but also provide heat as well.

I guess my question is this. How would one utilize this in their beardie Habitat?

Is it a nighttime only thing?
Could you use it in addition to a basking bulb to create extra heat?

Could I use several of them to provide a nice temperature gradient throughout the tank with dimming thermostats without disrupting his basking spot or UVB light?

I guess most importantly, are they safe?

Here in the very not too distant future I will be ordering my 120 gallon Zen enclosure and I want to be sure that I have appropriate heat and lighting for my beardie to be able to be comfortable in his new home.

I already have the 22" Reptisun T5 HO UVB 10.0 bulb in reflective 24" fixture. (Thank you #Sadie) It will be put inside my new Zen Habitat.

I also have a 150 watt Flukers basking spotlight and a 150 watt black ceramic heat emitter. Both are in a dual fixture. I have all lights on timers as well.

I know this isn't going to be adequate for the newer larger tank which is why I've started exploring other heating options.
I use the Exo Terra 150 watt in my Zen and it seems to heat well --- I also have a piece of decor that offers different heat gradients --

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I have the Zen and used a 14% in my tanks --- they are a good strong bulb just make sure the 14% is strapped to the top of the tank and I had my distance at 17-18 " from the basking decor - it was right under the bulb -- the 14% bulb will go right into the 24" fixture -- I would not get a 36" inch the 24" works good --- you want him to be able to get out of those rays w/ out hiding from it

Then I will likely stick to the 24" but eventually switch to the Arcadia UVB 14.

And I'll be getting the Exo Terra 150.

I'm about to start a new job making a sizable increase in money so this new tank and lighting will be happening sooner than originally expected.

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row. :)

I posted my question about deep heat projectors on the forum you recommended but I think I will also leave it here in case anyone else has had any experience with it.

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
If it gives off infrared light, avoid it. Infrared light can mess up their basking habits and burn their tissue.

I'm not sure that would be an issue with them. All the literature says they only emit natural heating waves, similar to what they would get from the sun.

Not arguing by any means.. Just trying to fully understand them before purchasing them. I currently have a ceramic heat emitter and it seems to be working but it's far from efficient and if there is a better, healthier option out there, I'm open to exploring it.

Screenshot_20201017-133834_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201017-133813_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20201017-133255_Chrome.jpg

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I use the Exo Terra 150 watt in my Zen and it seems to heat well --- I also have a piece of decor that offers different heat gradients --

I guess I do have a seemingly stupid question. Should I have my UVB lamp on the hot side where his basking light bulb is?

Currently my setup is like this.
20201017_150810.jpg
It's very difficult to change this setup because the tank opens at the top.

I feel like no matter where he goes he can't get away from the light unless he goes into his cave.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I guess I do have a seemingly stupid question. Should I have my UVB lamp on the hot side where his basking light bulb is?

Currently my setup is like this.
View attachment 24020
It's very difficult to change this setup because the tank opens at the top.

I feel like no matter where he goes he can't get away from the light unless he goes into his cave.
If it will fit yes but in my tank it is not next to the basking light- it will need to go inside the tank - I will post a pic later of my tank-- you do not want him having to hide from his lights- is this the tank he's in now your talking about? You should not have that issue w/ the zen

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
If it will fit yes but in my tank it is not next to the basking light- it will need to go inside the tank - I will post a pic later of my tank-- you do not want him having to hide from his lights- is this the tank he's in now your talking about? You should not have that issue w/ the zen

Yes the photo I just posted is of his current 40 gallon glass tank with split screen lid top.

That is the 24" Reptisun UVB 10.0 T5 HO light that you recommended sitting next to the double light fixture that came with the tank which contains his basking bulb(flukers) and his ceramic heat emitter.

I would like to put the UVB and heat on one side but that makes it very hard to open the lid to feed him - constantly needing to move lights around.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes the photo I just posted is of his current 40 gallon glass tank with split screen lid top.

I would like to put the UVB and heat on one side but that makes it very hard to open the lid to feed him - constantly needing to move lights around.
I understand- you will not need to do that w/ the Zen-- you can put the UVB width wise-- by the basking light just make sure you have the distance 12-15 inches directly under the UVB

dharvey4651

Hatchling Dragon
I understand- you will not need to do that w/ the Zen-- you can put the UVB width wise-- by the basking light just make sure you have the distance 12-15 inches directly under the UVB
That height shouldn't be a problem at all.