• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Arcadia 12% position

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 4 year old beardy is in a 36x18x18 enclosure. Currently I have an Arcadia 12% bulb in a Sunblaster fixture zip tied to the inside of the screen facing downward. Is this too close ??

In all my research when Nugget first fell into my lap 2 months ago, I learned the Arcadia12% is the best bulb. And that mounting inside is best if using a mesh screen .. but now I’m concerned that the height of 18 inches isn’t enough room to have it mounted inside. Am I giving him too much UVB? The highest point of his basking log is only about 5-6 inches from the bulb.

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
If I were to have it inside & 15 inches from the basking decode the highest basking/climbing branch I could have would be only 3inches high

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have two cats, one is very curious so I wouldn’t want to leave the top open. This picture doesn’t show the UVB but it is in there by the back wall. It’s an older Photo so the furniture has been rearranged since so it’s not the exact set up. The new basking log I have is a little taller than the one in the photo.

Attachments

• 58745182-AB1B-4688-9B05-B5F09F884965.jpeg
    58745182-AB1B-4688-9B05-B5F09F884965.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 81

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
i moved the hammock to the cool side so that the basking log could be centred under the basking bulb. I’m mostly just concerned if the UVB should be moved to the outside of the tank. Is it too powerful of a bulb to be in an 18inch high enclosure?

NuggettsMaMa

Bearded Dragon Egg
You can’t tell from the angle of the picture but the UVB is a tube light that runs 3/4 the length of the enclosure so it is above almost all of the furniture except for the far corner on the cool side. I could flip it so that the portion not covered by UVB is the basking spot, but I was under the impression UVB should be over the basking area

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
I have two cats, one is very curious so I wouldn’t want to leave the top open. This picture doesn’t show the UVB but it is in there by the back wall. It’s an older Photo so the furniture has been rearranged since so it’s not the exact set up. The new basking log I have is a little taller than the one in the photo.
Lol I love his squidward house

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You can’t tell from the angle of the picture but the UVB is a tube light that runs 3/4 the length of the enclosure so it is above almost all of the furniture except for the far corner on the cool side. I could flip it so that the portion not covered by UVB is the basking spot, but I was under the impression UVB should be over the basking area
It is optimal for the UVB to be over the basking area sometimes not possible -- you need the distance for the UVB 12-15 inches directly over the basking decor piece

zalaman

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi please refer to the link on uvb distances, i found it helpful

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi please refer to the link on uvb distances, i found it helpful

The Arcadia 12% is same distance for a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 --- 12-15 inches -- I have the same website --- they are saying 12-18" but I always recommend 12-15 - I have Arcadias and use the 12-15 "