• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anything I have to add?

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
Hello I am a newbie dragon owner! I just got my baby, Iroh, today and I was wondering if there is anything I should add to the tank? I included a picture of him, the light I am using, and a picture of his tank.
Also should I soak him or let him settle in first? I noticed that he is shedding.

Attachments

• F2BF83E4-7AC6-4E10-9DB2-864D5CAEF709.jpg
    F2BF83E4-7AC6-4E10-9DB2-864D5CAEF709.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 51140212147__D58F6E08-7E90-493E-8E18-202B135EC56E.JPG
    51140212147__D58F6E08-7E90-493E-8E18-202B135EC56E.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0531.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 58

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
You need a heat lamp for him asap. He is a cold blooded animal and he will not last to long without a basking bulb. Go to your local pet store immediately and get a clip on light with a basking bulb and a digital thermoter to keep tabs on how war the tank is getting and a specific temperature on where he will bask. I have my basking spot around 102 because as juveniles they heat up quick. What are you feeding him?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
T5 gives off very little to no heat. He is a desert animal remember that and with the right diet you will have a long lived best friend. Where did you get him and if you need somwthing asap go to home depot get a clip on light and a 80 watt incandescent bulb for now. It is vital he has heat even for proper digestion of food but you have a great uva uvb light fixture. He's gonna love that.

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
I have a heat lamp for him!!!! I just put the lamp on about 20 min ago! He immediately went under the heat! I have him soaking in warm water since he is in the middle of a shed!! And tomorrow I am going to buy a 10.0 bulb for the hood and the correct vitamins and calcium! I had no idea the 5.0 was wrong :(

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
You need a heat lamp for him asap. He is a cold blooded animal and he will not last to long without a basking bulb. Go to your local pet store immediately and get a clip on light with a basking bulb and a digital thermoter to keep tabs on how war the tank is getting and a specific temperature on where he will bask. I have my basking spot around 102 because as juveniles they heat up quick. What are you feeding him?

I am going to be feeding him crickets and very small superworms. I want to feed him dubias but my mom is very against them. (I will be sneaking in dubias as much as I can though). I have read in multiple places and have asked advice everywhere and I will not be feeding him the big superworms nor mealworms.

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
Oh I also got him from pet supplies plus. The specific store that I go to normally takes very good care of their reptiles. They even feed a deeply care for the crickets!!! In addition almost all of the staff has a pet bearded dragon and was able to answer all of my questions(correctly since I compared it to this forum).

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
I would hold off on superwoman till older crickets twice a day and if dusting with a calcium powder which is good once a day make sure it's the one without d3 because that's a very nice light that will provide him with all the d3 he could ever want. But the heat lamp is the most important for body temp and digestion of food. Stick with crickets mealworms are ok once in a while more of a treat. Crickets provide much more nutrients.

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
What types of greens? Carrots are good too. But as juveniles there main good source is crickets. They love them and never get sick of them.

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
I would hold off on superwoman till older crickets twice a day and if dusting with a calcium powder which is good once a day make sure it's the one without d3 because that's a very nice light that will provide him with all the d3 he could ever want. But the heat lamp is the most important for body temp and digestion of food. Stick with crickets mealworms are ok once in a while more of a treat. Crickets provide much more nutrients.

Okay I shall :) I am still letting the tank warm up a bit, but his current basking spot (the exact spot he is sitting on) is at 101.5 F I am using a temp gun. Is that okay or too low? I will check again tomorrow

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
I'm new to this too so I have done so much research and actually I'm using the reptisun cfl bulds but I just order two of the 36" hoods like the one you have. Those are the best becarefull so he don't get too close, those are strong lights that penetrate uvb down 20 inches.

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
What types of greens? Carrots are good too. But as juveniles there main good source is crickets. They love them and never get sick of them.

I will be feeding him some of this (minus the spinach I am taking that out) but I am still making a list of things that I have to buy. This stuff is mostly for my turtle but I am going to make him share some of his greens lol

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 41

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
Hey one more thing when you get crickets don't give him any food bigger than the length between his eyes to avoid impaction. Small crickets for now and get a cricket keeper so your not going to pet store everyday the large one is 25 bucks and but the cricket quencher and good to gutload that way whatever good stuff the crickets eat will be passed on to the bearded dragon. Gl I'm new to this too. Two months experience but I have researched for hours on end and just Google search types of food is safe for bearded dragons but young ones is 80 percent crickets.

Mireha

Hatchling Dragon
Hey one more thing when you get crickets don't give him any food bigger than the length between his eyes to avoid impaction. Small crickets for now and get a cricket keeper so your not going to pet store everyday the large one is 25 bucks and but the cricket quencher and good to gutload that way whatever good stuff the crickets eat will be passed on to the bearded dragon. Gl I'm new to this too. Two months experience but I have researched for hours on end and just Google search types of food is safe for bearded dragons but young ones is 80 percent crickets.

Thank you!!

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
Here's a couple of pics of my guys. Falcor first Elliot second sleeping on me. Lol
bd433ab2a176b445eb2ad928549003d7.jpg
071c91fe0cfb024686965e2eaad3662b.jpg

Jasonbasler4

Hatchling Dragon
Here's my setup but I do have an exact second tank for when there bigger.
dab9c0c4199756742b29f6e8b2996a4f.jpg