• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone ever sleep with their beardie?

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
I take naps with Dexter on the couch all the time. I put her on my chest under the heated blanket and she usually falls right asleep. I try to put my hands close to her so I can feel her if she walks away. The other day I fell asleep with her on the pillow next to my head, I thought she fell asleep but my boyfriend snapped a photo and she was wide awake just sitting there watching me!
How PRECIOUS what a loving mom you are! Sounds like Bella and l.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
I've never fully slept with my beardie but he likes to snuggle my chest and take naps when I take him out
7496984517e7603812ffc4939c08228e.jpg

He ends up sleeping on my arms too and we'll take naps together
4e4fbec7d0c1c9d9b0dcf3ddc4a665ed.jpg

(That's my arm he's on)
Oh how precious!!!!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
This is such an old post! I don’t sleep with Dexter or any of the dragons anymore. I had a friend that took a quick nap with hers and she rolled over on it and didn’t realize it and the dragon couldn’t get out from under her and she suffocated. It’s too easy for something to go wrong. We think we know what would happen but we really don’t. So it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
I sleep with mine every night. Usually he will just sleep under the pillows I have placed for him, but sometimes he likes to cuddle, which I don't like because he is to prickly. Every night in his cage he keeps from falling asleep and waits for me to come get him....he just follows me with his eyes knowing it's about that time. My wife hates it, but luckily he stays on my side ;)
What a wonderful DAD you are!

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
This is such an old post! I don’t sleep with Dexter or any of the dragons anymore. I had a friend that took a quick nap with hers and she rolled over on it and didn’t realize it and the dragon couldn’t get out from under her and she suffocated. It’s too easy for something to go wrong. We think we know what would happen but we really don’t. So it’s better to be safe than sorry.
I agree I know we love our beardies and want to be close with them but your right These horrible accidents that can be prevented!

Cjay Haslett

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon bro bro sleeps next to me almost everynight on a heat pad and if i dont get him he will go lay in his water dish. So he lays in his bed i made for him all wrapped up in a soft blanket lol He loves it. At least i think he does. Ill take a picture of him right now.. Well i cant figure out how to put a picture on here. I figured it out lol Anyways he loves it i wake up talking to him like hes gonna talk back or do something but he doesnt just stares at me.

Attachments

• 20181210_003304.jpg
    20181210_003304.jpg
    969.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 20181210_003255.jpg
    20181210_003255.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My bearded dragon bro bro sleeps next to me almost everynight on a heat pad and if i dont get him he will go lay in his water dish. So he lays in his bed i made for him all wrapped up in a soft blanket lol He loves it. At least i think he does. Ill take a picture of him right now.. Well i cant figure out how to put a picture on here. I figured it out lol Anyways he loves it i wake up talking to him like hes gonna talk back or do something but he doesnt just stares at me.

Just an FYI, bearded dragons don't have many nerve endings on their belly so if something gets too hot for them, they don't know that they need to move or get burned. That's why heating pads aren't recommended for them.

Nero

Juvenile Dragon
Beardie Club
I would let my beardie sleep on me, but I'm afraid I would crush her. But I get her out before bedtime and let her sleep on my chest for a bit, she gets a blanket every night and sometimes one of my T shirts.

Renza T

Bearded Dragon Egg
awww that's so cute :D
I don't really sleep with Gin per se, but I do occasionally take him out of his viv at night if he wakes up and starts scratching at the walls and watch youtube videos with him until he falls asleep :)