• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice for feeding schedule

Rwtf8

Hatchling Dragon
Hello! Finally I got my delivery from Amazon and can provide a full supplement feeding for my bearded dragon. He's getting 5 months old, weight is 73 gr and here is my plan how to feed and bath him. I'd like to stick to this plan until he gets 1yo and would like to ask you how does it look?
I have terrarium 45x45x90cm with installed Arcadia T5 Pro 6% UVB on the ceiling (not on a top/mesh) with reflector and 75W for heat bulb.

I had crickets, but had to refuse it to keep them at my apartment because they are SO noisy and jumpy - I spent a huge amount of time just to catch them. Therefore I frozen about 200 1cm crickets and will figure out what do with them later :) Now my choice is dubia roaches 0.5-2.0cm and when I speak about "10 roaches" per feed that means "10 roaches 1.5cm size". 2 columns are for 2 feed per day.
All supplements are ZooMed (photo attached)

Thanks a lot in advance for any advices!

Monday10 roaches + Repti Calcium10 roaches
Tuesday10 roaches + Repti CalciumZucchini+ Green Salad
Wednesday10 roaches + Repti Calcium D310 roachesBath
Thursday10 roaches + Repti CalciumPumpkin + Carrot Green + Salad
Friday10 roaches + Repti Calcium D310 roaches
Saturday10 roaches + Repti CalciumButternut Squash + Carrot GreenBath
Sunday10 roaches + Reptivite D310 roaches

Attachments

• ac162d39-0dce-4830-b889-e95c13c10988.jpg
    ac162d39-0dce-4830-b889-e95c13c10988.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 4

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
My only critique would to get other bugs every now and again, i feed roaches, superworms, crickets (sparingly,crickets are a dirty feeder :/ ) ,locusts, horn worms, very good attempt at law and order lol, i tried the same thing to no avail, some days ur beardie will not eat so dont be discouraged.

Rwtf8

Hatchling Dragon
My only critique would to get other bugs every now and again, i feed roaches, superworms, crickets (sparingly,crickets are a dirty feeder :/ ) ,locusts, horn worms, very good attempt at law and order lol, i tried the same thing to no avail, some days ur beardie will not eat so dont be discouraged.
How good/bad is to feed by defrozen crickets?
And okay - I'll try to find a suppliers of worms nearby.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your dragon should be getting vitamins w/ beta carotene as well-- they should be given 2 times per week ONCE each feeding -- I would supplement one of your calcium feedings w/ vitamins -- frozen bugs have no nutritional value so to speak - it is better to feed live and if you dont like the crickets then I would go w/ BSFL or some silk worms - they are great staple feeders especially the BSFL for babies - DO NOT dust those they are calcium enriched - I would look at ordering your insects/ worms on line they re going to be cheaper in the long run -- you can use your BSFL as salad toppers -- I would be dusting the insects w/ your supplements that way you know hes going to get them -- here is a nutritional website http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a great staple feeder

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How good/bad is to feed by defrozen crickets?
And okay - I'll try to find a suppliers of worms nearby.
Tbh the crickets u froze are probably healthier than alive ones(only cause you might be killing off any parasites living in them) im really not a fan of crickets if u cant tell, really roaches and locusts are the best feeder for overallness , but locusts are pretty hard to find as a staple so I wouldn’t look to hard for those, make shure all ur bugs are gut loaded with similar veggies ur lizard is eatin

Dragonbunny313

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! Finally I got my delivery from Amazon and can provide a full supplement feeding for my bearded dragon. He's getting 5 months old, weight is 73 gr and here is my plan how to feed and bath him. I'd like to stick to this plan until he gets 1yo and would like to ask you how does it look?
I have terrarium 45x45x90cm with installed Arcadia T5 Pro 6% UVB on the ceiling (not on a top/mesh) with reflector and 75W for heat bulb.

I had crickets, but had to refuse it to keep them at my apartment because they are SO noisy and jumpy - I spent a huge amount of time just to catch them. Therefore I frozen about 200 1cm crickets and will figure out what do with them later :) Now my choice is dubia roaches 0.5-2.0cm and when I speak about "10 roaches" per feed that means "10 roaches 1.5cm size". 2 columns are for 2 feed per day.
All supplements are ZooMed (photo attached)

Thanks a lot in advance for any advices!

Monday10 roaches + Repti Calcium10 roaches
Tuesday10 roaches + Repti CalciumZucchini+ Green Salad
Wednesday10 roaches + Repti Calcium D310 roachesBath
Thursday10 roaches + Repti CalciumPumpkin + Carrot Green + Salad
Friday10 roaches + Repti Calcium D310 roaches
Saturday10 roaches + Repti CalciumButternut Squash + Carrot GreenBath
Sunday10 roaches + Reptivite D310 roaches
Thank you for posting! I also have a 5 month old beardie I just got last week and have been playing with a feed schedule to see what works best. Your chart was helpful for me to see that I'm doing ok.