• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Acting Starving

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
... its really runny and looks redish

Attachments

• DSCF0454.JPG
    DSCF0454.JPG
    7.4 MB · Views: 29

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its like 8 inches. She just pooed... it looks weird
You need to raise the UVB or what length is the UVB fixture? If its a 24" go get a 5.0 bulb and you will be good-- distance will be good at 8"-- right now those rays are too strong for distance- post pic of the poop

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Id say the poo looks normal aswell (not all poo is gonna be a perfect brown log) , she’s definitely lacking something in her diet as sadie said thats why she’s trying to eat her carpet, maybe thats why the stool looks that way , idk if it’s already been stated but is ur calcium expired? What was her diet for the past 3 days?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hang on to it and get the calcium D 3--
Please add some variety to Sunnys diet here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would order some super worms for her some horn worms and some BSFL all can be purchased from here
the horn worms grow really fast so only get the 12 count - the super worms are large and really nice she may haft to have them cut in half if they are too big for her and the BSFL get large add them to the tops of her salads along w/ 1-3 super worms and 1-2 horn worms -- I would mix her some greens like collard / turnip add some squash green beans just make her a nice salad add the BSFL on top in front of her --- the BSFL are a great staple feeder for babies like her do not dust them - I got the super worms here on Monday and they came in a tube you will need to get food for them bran and you will need a plastic container w/ a lid w/ holes in the top the the BSFL come in a container w/ food - same w/ the horn worms -- do you need help w/ the fixture for hanging

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Please add some variety to Sunnys diet here is a website for nutrition
ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
I would order some super worms for her some horn worms and some BSFL all can be purchased from here
the horn worms grow really fast so only get the 12 count - the super worms are large and really nice she may haft to have them cut in half if they are too big for her and the BSFL get large add them to the tops of her salads along w/ 1-3 super worms and 1-2 horn worms -- I would mix her some greens like collard / turnip add some squash green beans just make her a nice salad add the BSFL on top in front of her --- the BSFL are a great staple feeder for babies like her do not dust them - I got the super worms here on Monday and they came in a tube you will need to get food for them bran and you will need a plastic container w/ a lid w/ holes in the top the the BSFL come in a container w/ food - same w/ the horn worms -- do you need help w/ the fixture for hanging
Ok, when the dubia run out i feed crickets and supers and waxworms. I also feed carrot and apple and collard. I dont need help with any fixture. I will lookinto horn worms that you

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sunny has been acting weird these last few days.... she keeps acting really hungry and is trying to eat her substrate carpet. But she hasnt pooed in like 3 days. Im a little worried, i feed he 2wice a day, at least 20 at day recently bc we are running low on roaches, but earlier this week she was eating TONS a day, can someone help
Hi; How old is the Beardie? If under 6Mnths old; she needs proteins 4times a day alongside her plate of greens/veggies. Last feeding lights need to be on for 2 Hours, that’s how long it takes to digest the food. Also, she is Impacted if she hasn’t pooped in 3Days. How much Calcium are u giving? Sometimes people over calcium. U give REPCAL 3-4 times/week & only once per day & on a non calcium day u sprinkle HErptivite. U lightly sprinkle it on the proteins like salt on fries till they are lightly powdered. For now, give her a warm bath in lukewarm dechlorinated water for 15min min & rub her tummy downwards so she can poop. Don’t feed any mealworms or dried pellets ever. Only feed crickets & Dubia roaches & the feeders cannot be bigger than the space between her 2eyes. Large crickets of shes over 7mnths old & smalls/mediums if she’s younger. If she’s over a year old u can also Ad superworms, but they are high in fat so don’t over some it. Also, is her poop firm and oval? Or runny/soft/smelly? If it’s soft she mite have Coccidia it’s deadly & needs a vet asap & all cage/items need to be burned & washed In hot water. Coccidia makes them eat a lot or barely eat it depends; it’s like lice in the tummy. Find a good reptile Vet and do a Fecal sample to see the results & keep the cage super duper clean. Best way is to use white terry cloth towels as a substrate so u can remove & wash & place fresh ones. She needs a plate of greens/veggies everyday mix 2-3 of each especially yellow squash it has lots of calcium; alongside the proteins. The everyday ones are: mustard greens, dandelions, yellow squash, butternut squash, green beans, snap peas & endives. Cut them up to size. A few times a week u can give blueberries, mangoes & papaya as treats in addition to the proteins/greens. Everyday place a plate in the cold side u can switch it 3-4 hours later so it’s fresh & not wilted.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok, when the dubia run out i feed crickets and supers and waxworms. I also feed carrot and apple and collard. I dont need help with any fixture. I will lookinto horn worms that you
Hi Dubias & Crickets are the best proteins; I can add super worms only if the Beardie is over a year old & hornworms after a year old as well as treats; their digestive tract cannot handle it earlier than a year of age. Both are High in Fat also, so don’t feed too much. Carrots I wud omit or only a few times a month it’s high on vitamin A which is toxic. Collard greens are good & mustard greens & dandelions & for veggies def yellow squash it’s high in calcium & butternut squash and green beans/snap peas & endives are all everyday very good ones. Def Ad the squash for sure.

Calimins

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sunny has been acting weird these last few days.... she keeps acting really hungry and is trying to eat her substrate carpet. But she hasnt pooed in like 3 days. Im a little worried, i feed he 2wice a day, at least 20 at day recently bc we are running low on roaches, but earlier this week she was eating TONS a day, can someone help
Reptivite, you can get it from any reptile store. Dust food with it, bugs and greens. She's missing some vitamins in her diet and is looking for anything that has it. I would highly suggest you get her out of the substrate until you get her a few days of reptivite at the minimum to prevent her from clogging up her system and you ending up with a much larger problem. I know when mine needs a more frequent dusting because she will try to chew on a large rock. After a couple days of dusting, she stops and goes back to normal.