• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Abstract enclosure- rabbits cage?

Zookeeper525

Bearded Dragon Egg
Found this advertised as a rabbits cage and as a first time beardie owner, seems like he’d like it with the different levels with ramps and hidey holes, but wanted to check in with more experienced owners to get better guidance. TIA.

54832DDB-46FA-467F-AC0E-458676D938C7.jpeg

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
I don’t think this would be a good beardie cage. My reasoning is that the openings in the cage will not hold heat in well, and a beardie might get stuck in if somehow. There are lots of props you can add into a glass breeder tank, or you can DIY your own tank out of reptile safe wood (oak, maple, any hardwood) and add ramps and a hide if you’d like!

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Heat would not stay inside that hutch, so you would not be able to maintain temperatures. It's best to buy or make a suitably sized tank.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, I agree it doesn't look like it would make that good of a bearded dragon cage because of it not being able to hold heat and also it looks difficult to clean.