• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A nice end to the summer

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's been a great summer when it comes to new terrarium additions.There have been three reptile expos in the past 4 months within driving distance. Back in June I got both my giant Asian mantis, Lee who turned out to be a male ( and who unfortunately I'm not sure if he has much longer) and literally days later I ordered my common collared lizard, Yuma when I got an email they were back in stock on one of the sites I was monitoring. My cousin got herself an axolotl recently from one of the expos and three days ago we went to what looks to be the last expo in the area for a while. I did a little research beforehand and I got something beautiful I've wanted for a long time that is well worth it and will probably be my final addition for a while until a specific lizard I've been wanting comes back in stock and I also decide to get another chameleon. I got a blue poison dart frog which I believe is the most gorgeous colored frog there is. I am crazy for blue after all. I don't know gender yet so I'll just go with he for now. He's a little bigger than the top of my thumb and I'm curious to see how much larger he gets. He's also very active and curious and actually quite friendly. He had no problem climbing onto my hand when I put him into his tank. He's a real treasure and since he's blue I've named him Neptune :)

Attachments

• Neptune.JPG
    Neptune.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 20

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I LOVE it! I love the blue ones. My nephew has a few of these guys. He always wanted them and I inspired him with all my reptiles! I think all frogs are fascinating and so much fun to watch and care for. Enjoy!

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I LOVE it! I love the blue ones. My nephew has a few of these guys. He always wanted them and I inspired him with all my reptiles! I think all frogs are fascinating and so much fun to watch and care for. Enjoy!

Thanks PatsyB! Frogs are pretty great with all of their variety. Neptune here is officially my 4th frog (5th if you count a red-legged running frog I had years ago) after my pacman frog and two tomato frogs. I think I want to get one of those bumblebee poison dart frogs next if I see one.

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
I've never had a pet frog, so how are they as pets? Are they difficult to care for? Can you handle them? My kids have asked for one, but I have zero experience with pet amphibians. They bring them in from outside and beg to keep them. Of course, I always say no. But I've considered getting one. I love the look of pacman frogs.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I've never had a pet frog, so how are they as pets? Are they difficult to care for? Can you handle them? My kids have asked for one, but I have zero experience with pet amphibians. They bring them in from outside and beg to keep them. Of course, I always say no. But I've considered getting one. I love the look of pacman frogs.

Frogs absorb everything through their skin so it’s best not to handle them too much without gloves on. I have 5 White’s tree frogs and they are hilarious! They love putting on a show every night. They tend to get very excited when I feed them and either jump on my hand or on my chest when I open their door.

I have a ornate Pac-Man frog too. She really doesn’t do much but burrow in her tank. I made a real pretty bio tank with plants just so I wasn’t looking at an ugly bare tank all the time LOL!

Janelle

Juvenile Dragon
Tree frogs are so cute! So fun to think of them being so active and entertaining. I'll start looking into them. Thanks for the info!

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Frogs absorb everything through their skin so it’s best not to handle them too much without gloves on. I have 5 White’s tree frogs and they are hilarious! They love putting on a show every night. They tend to get very excited when I feed them and either jump on my hand or on my chest when I open their door.

I have a ornate Pac-Man frog too. She really doesn’t do much but burrow in her tank. I made a real pretty bio tank with plants just so I wasn’t looking at an ugly bare tank all the time LOL!

Exactly what I would have said :)