• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a little pool in the viv

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi there... I was just wondering what others thought about a little pool/bathing area in the viv, I know it cant be deep, but I have seen a few vivs with shallow pool areas that they say their beardies love and they like to poop in and it actually keeps their viv a lot cleaner, if any one has any input I would love to hear it, and if possible if you have a little pool where did you get it..or how did you build it...I am putting tile as a substrate down in her viv...could I grout a little tile shallow pool together that could serve as a pool or how could I build one..thanks... ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sure, you can have a pool with water in it. I've tried it, but the heat of the viv kept evaporating the pool. I would not count it as their regular bath though. They need a good soak (20 min.) weekly. The bath water should be up to their shoulders.

Also, keep in mind that if you use grout, to allow enough time for it to set and air out before putting your beardie back in.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I keep water bowels in all my tanks. You have to change daily but the dragons will soak themselves a bit between their regular soaks. I also have several that will drink from the bowl. And I have one that likes to stick his head only in the water and nothing else. Imagine that at 6 am with no coffee. I thought he killed himself the 1st time i saw that...lol I wasnt laughing then.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
TheWolfmanTom said:
I keep water bowels in all my tanks. You have to change daily but the dragons will soak themselves a bit between their regular soaks. I also have several that will drink from the bowl. And I have one that likes to stick his head only in the water and nothing else. Imagine that at 6 am with no coffee. I thought he killed himself the 1st time i saw that...lol I wasnt laughing then.

Just another reason why bearded dragons are extremely entertaining. Never a dull moment.

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hahaha you sound like me in the morning with no coffee...lol... ya I will build lolita a little pool....shes always standing on her little water dish so I think she will enjoy it...thanks again!!!! :D

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I also have a water dish in Harley's viv, it is big enough for her to sit in and yes time to time she will drink from it.

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
what water dish do you have that your beardie is big enought to sit in... I found one repti rock corner bowl extra large that is 14'' x 14'' and three inches deep..would that be big enough for a full grown beardie????