• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a little concerned

babiiqirlxx

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so i finally got our new tank for our beardie ( we havent decided on a name yet but i like to call him bubba LOL) and hes been in there for about 2 days and ive noticed hes not eating as much or pooping as much either. is this because hes in a new viv? or could it be a bigger problem?! im just a little concerned! i hope hes okay!!!!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Everytime he moves, it's a new environment and causes a certian amount of stress.
You can decrease his stress, by covering his tank sides with paper so he can't see out. Make sure no insects are left in his tank for more than 15 minutes and don't handle him much over the next few days to a week with the exception of giving him some warm soaks during that time.
Keep a close eye on him for signs of lethargy increasing and if this persists very long, a fecal exam would be my next move.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It sounds like relocation stress to me. It happens to some beardies when they are given a new home. It can last anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Make sure your beardie stays hydrated and keep the routine the same.