• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

6-7 month old bearded dragon hasn't been eating???

MaddyMoo456

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon has been refusing to eat and instead of running around all over the place like he usually does he's just been sleeping a lot and like I said is refusing to eat, is this what they do at this age or is there something wrong with him??
4f25c4e61f5ee6fd52dd2e9e5457f6d5.jpg
1a7893f595025612639937e1304c411e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good looking dragon you have there.. He looks to be in good health, have you had him to a vet for a check up? fecal sample to rule out parasites..this can cause loss of appetite. If he's all clear of parasites and he is that age that they slow down and some go into brumation.. some don't brumate some just get lazy.. So that's where I'd start ... vet check up this should be done every 6month for sure before fall and in spring

MaddyMoo456

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good looking dragon you have there.. He looks to be in good health, have you had him to a vet for a check up? fecal sample to rule out parasites..this can cause loss of appetite. If he's all clear of parasites and he is that age that they slow down and some go into brumation.. some don't brumate some just get lazy.. So that's where I'd start ... vet check up this should be done every 6month for sure before fall and in spring
Thank you for telling me, he hasn't been to the vet yet but I'll try to get him there as soon as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What a sweet face! He could be toying around with brumation. When mine were that age they slowed down in their tank and didn't eat as much and just laid around. They didn't fully go and hide but just slept a lot during the day. Then when I took them out of the tank they were wide awake and running around.