• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

2 week old bearded dragon

Mirandasue

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello!
I recently got a 2 week old baby and he only eats about 3 maybe 4 crickets per feeding. Is this okay since he is so so young and small? Or should he be eating more? He hasn't touch the greens I've given him either.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, how long have you had him? What type of vegetables are you feeding him? What is the temperature of his warm side, cool side, and basking spot? Baby bearded dragons should be eating around 10 to 15 crickets. Sorry for all of the questions but this should help us identify what the problem is.

Mirandasue

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, how long have you had him? What type of vegetables are you feeding him? What is the temperature of his warm side, cool side, and basking spot? Baby bearded dragons should be eating around 10 to 15 crickets. Sorry for all of the questions but this should help us identify what the problem is.
I have only had him 3 and a half days. His basking spot is about 113 and the cool side right now is about 84. I've tried collard greens, grape leaves as this grows in my backyard, and I've even tried to throw some kiwi in there.

Mirandasue

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have only had him 3 and a half days. His basking spot is about 113 and the cool side right now is about 84. I've tried collard greens, grape leaves as this grows in my backyard, and I've even tried to throw some kiwi in there.
He did eat about 6 crickets at last night's feed and about 6 this morning too. Calcium dusted as well of course

N W

Juvenile Dragon
With him being so new and tiny, it sounds like he is doing well. Ours only ate a few crickets here and there for a while until she got settled in.
Just keep offering the greens/veggies every day, even if he only eats a bite or 2 at least it is something and you will be getting him used to them. :)