• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

160W bulb in a 150W holder?

Teef

Bearded Dragon Egg
so, what a nice surprise to wake up and see that my lizard's lamp enclosure wasnt working. Checked everything. Turns out the casing to hold the bulb in place just, completely dislodges. Unscrewed and unseated.

Rush to pet store to see if they have any, highest it goes up to is 150W for the holder (dont like that)

Have to make due with what i can till one ordered can come in (ill be able to return this holder thankfully), which is a week later. Problem is all my MVB bulbs are 160 watt except for some older 125 watts that have a couple months of juice left. I'd like to not use these as my beardie deserves better heating.

I hear conflicting things of "oh this has a safety measure" or "oh dont do it itll blow up" and im just, huff. What to do? Any recommendations would be lovely atm.

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
Why can't you just screw the darned thing back together? Yeah, they come apart. . . it's what they do.