• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

11 year old bearded dragon

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi everyone so I have an elderly bearded dragon named Cleopatra that I just rescued 4 months ago from horrible living conditions. She was feed just once every 3 weeks, had one small mercury bulb about a foot and a half above her so she barely got enough UVB and heat. She also has a small case of MBD in her toes. But because of that I had to syringe feed her for about a month with baby food and critical care, basically working from the ground up to get her healthy again. Anyways I guess because I did a lot of syringe feeding and she got use to it; it's also the only time in her life she was ever properly feed so I think to her she finds that hand feeding is "normal way of feeding". Cleo is also very picky when it comes to her food, I've tried everything and she only likes butternut and acorn squash as her daily food item. I've tried every type of green and she always ends up spitting it out. she also enjoys zucchini and bell peppers as treats and so far she is not a fan of fruits, not even blueberries (I know). She also eats freezer dried crickets that I freeze myself so they are gut loaded. Anyways I'm hoping that you guys can let me know if I'm feeding her enough or that she is getting most to all of her nutritional needs or if I should do more. I just want to make sure she is getting everything she needs at her old age and I want to make sure that no matter how long I have her that she has a good life.
This is her "Meal plan"
- Every day she receives 10 crickets and a large helping of butternut squash; usually until she doesn't want to eat anymore (this is hand feed to her) and every once in a while she get some zucchini and or bell peppers
- She gets calcium powder twice a week and vitamin supplements once a week
- And also once a week she gets Fluker's Repta-Boost reptile supplement because I don't think she's getting all the nutrients she needs.

Cleo is also 16" and 320g
Let me know if you'd like to see a picture of her

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
I would love to see a pic of her!! It looks like you have a great diet plan for her... by all means I’m not a pro or anything, but it’s good that you have the vitamin supplement and the adepts-boost. That stuff brought my now 10 year old beardie back to life when she wasn’t feeling well. You could use an appetite stimulant too if she isn’t eating enough. Also, I have found that my girl Lucky ADORES repashy’s bearded dragon mix. It’s also liquid but she prefers it over the Flukers stuff! It could be another option to diversify Cleopatra’s diet

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I would love to see a pic of her!! It looks like you have a great diet plan for her... by all means I’m not a pro or anything, but it’s good that you have the vitamin supplement and the adepts-boost. That stuff brought my now 10 year old beardie back to life when she wasn’t feeling well. You could use an appetite stimulant too if she isn’t eating enough. Also, I have found that my girl Lucky ADORES repashy’s bearded dragon mix. It’s also liquid but she prefers it over the Flukers stuff! It could be another option to diversify Cleopatra’s diet
Thanks so much for helping. I’ll definitely try the lucky‘s mix and see if she likes it and how often do you give her the Adores and vitamin supplements if you don’t mind me asking. And here are 2 pics of her. She loves the outdoors and she’s wearing a flower crown that I made because I’m extra like that lol

Attachments

• 86CC0686-063E-4322-A624-33D4AD421328.jpeg
    86CC0686-063E-4322-A624-33D4AD421328.jpeg
    765.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 3EA4C98B-47B9-424E-96B0-8B3DB19740F5.jpeg
    3EA4C98B-47B9-424E-96B0-8B3DB19740F5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks so much for helping. I’ll definitely try the lucky‘s mix and see if she likes it and how often do you give her the Adores and vitamin supplements if you don’t mind me asking. And here are 2 pics of her. She loves the outdoors and she’s wearing a flower crown that I made because I’m extra like that lol

what a precious girl!!! And I actually just recently learned the vitamins for beardies exist... so I am going to get some the next time I go to the store... loll... I’ll let u know how often I incorporate them into her diet when I do!