• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

10 year old beardie on her back..

Freddie888

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All
We have a 10 year old female bearded dragon who we have twice found on her back now. Once she slipped off her climbing log (we assume) but the second time she must have fallen off her low log. Last night when I found her she looked rigid, black beard and obviously struggling for breath. Luckily both times we were in the house so she wasn't there for long. Once I turned her the right way up, after a few minutes she ate really well.
Have been aware she is getting a bit lethargic and prefers to sleep in the corner to support her head. She has fresh substrate, recently renewed lights, and is hand fed live food.
I am scared to leave her home alone in case she flips and suffers so for today i haven't turned her light on so that she stays asleep and will put it on this evening.
Is she approaching the end of her life?
Thanks

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Freddie,

Welcome to the forum.
I don't have much insight other than to say a vet visit just to be safe may be in order.
Has her condition improved at all since posting this?