• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

10 or 5 Reptisun?

David Daniels

Hatchling Dragon
If I have to place my Reptisun UVB linear light ontop of the Mesh Cover for my beardies Cage, should I use a 10.0 or 5.0? The distance from the mesh covering to the basking spot is about 4 inches. This is temporary, for about 15 days, but I want to continue giving the best UVB possible without harming my girl. Thank you!

David Daniels

Hatchling Dragon
Lighting.png

I'm going to get this and place ontop of mesh. Can anyone approve/disapprove?

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, that looks good to me, just if you can make it so it is under the mesh so it doesn't block any of the UVB!

N W

Juvenile Dragon
Generally they say if it is a T5 on top is ok but a T8 needs to go inside. In your case though with it being so close and very temporary I think either would be ok. Make sure to place it in a way so that your dragon can get out of it if they need to.
Also just FYI in case you haven't ordered yet, I think the same things are available at Pangea reptile for cheaper.