• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

“Different” Custom enclosure ideas. Thoughts on this?

b00ndocks

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, my name is Boon. My beardies name is Dracarys or Drac for short. We are new to the forum so hello everyone! Thank you for taking the time to read!!!

Drac is around 4 months old and I will be uploading updated pics soon. Drac is currently in a 20 gal. long. I am getting ready to build a custom stand for the 20 gal so I can have it in my living/dining room area instead of my bedroom so he can have more activity during the day and evening.

I am also wanting to, in the near future, build his final custom enclosure. Or one more suitable at least. I am thinking of a half-octagon style. 70-120 gal worth of space. I would like it tall and long.

I have pretty much the idea of how the shape and size will be, the thing I am really interested in, is the background and the interior. I want to make his background a abstract art style, or some really awesome art like Alex Pardee style or just abstract. I was thinking about practicing painting on a few canvas’ and making it rough with some popcorn style spray like is on some ceilings. After that, I would sand it down and slap some paint on it, am really leaning toward grey with some purple all in it. Once I get what I like I could mimic that in the enclosure or get a proper size canvas and fit it in his enclosure, thoughts on that method?

after that I want to make a custom style rock for each rear corner that goes up the rear and side wall. About 1/2-3/4 the way up. The base would start wider and get thinner as they reached the top. I think it would look super neat. Obviously I would do the proper research to make sure everything was properly sealed and safe for a beardie. I was hoping to find some more inspiration and ideas on here, such as some vines that I could run down the walls/rocks/logs. I wanted to get some fake vines that I could make have more of a realer looking green to them, also have some of the leaves a different color (purple, grey, black, green)

I also have air plants that I want to attach to some driftwood possibly that would sit on the floor or a ledge close to the bottom.

As for the substrate.. if I did not go a really awesome custom tile design I would make some custom rock style flooring that would turn into different level platforms, (think the zoomed and other brand style rock ledge backgrounds) it may go left to right and be sort of a natural looking ramp to each end until it met the base of the rear corner rock towers.

this may all be hard to picture and I could draw a hand drawn layout of kind of what I’m thinking if that would help anyone.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my nonsense :p I’m really passionate about my little friends home and I also want it so awesome looking as a piece in my main room of the house.

Any ideas or input on sizes, decorations or anything new to put in my brain to think about would be so greatly appreciated.

thank you!