• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wont eat fortified diet food

Evan Curry

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardies about 6 months old now, and hes never been too keen for any store bought diet foods. He eats feeders and fruits and veggies just fine but he doesnt go for any diet food. Ive tried mixing in greens, moistening the pellets, and hiding them inside leaves just so he could get a taste for them. Ive tried 4 types of pellets and he just doesnt eat them. Can anyone help? I want him to have something for the day because i leave before he wakes up and i dont like leaving him with nothing to eat until i am home. And it would make feeding a lot easier.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I will give mine something called " bites for bearded dragons, it's a moist food, purple in color, most petsmart and petco. Nutritious soft moist food, give him some in the morning then feed him his regular food when you get home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My beardies about 6 months old now, and hes never been too keen for any store bought diet foods. He eats feeders and fruits and veggies just fine but he doesnt go for any diet food. Ive tried mixing in greens, moistening the pellets, and hiding them inside leaves just so he could get a taste for them. Ive tried 4 types of pellets and he just doesnt eat them. Can anyone help? I want him to have something for the day because i leave before he wakes up and i dont like leaving him with nothing to eat until i am home. And it would make feeding a lot easier.
I dont worry about it. Diet foods are no good for them anyway

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I forgot to address that. ...don't give them those pellet things, not really good for them. The beardie bites I use are moist and have good healthy stuff in it for them

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I forgot to address that. ...don't give them those pellet things, not really good for them. The beardie bites I use are moist and have good healthy stuff in it for them

Nothing is better then fresh n live food with the correct calcium n vits on

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Live is always best..I would leave in a nice greens salad and in another bowl try some non jumpers lol dubia or supers that's what I do anyways.
The pellet food just is full of preservatives and really not good for them anyways.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The processed pre made foods and pellets are like junk food with artificial colors and ingredients. It's a good thing that he's not eating them!

Rex Carnage

Hatchling Dragon

Try flukers buffet blend, my beardies love them, I also feed them other food along with flukers so it's much healthier then only flukers

Evan Curry

Bearded Dragon Egg
The processed pre made foods and pellets are like junk food with artificial colors and ingredients. It's a good thing that he's not eating them!
Do you think maybe using the actual like pre made meal or those sort of gel like foods would be okay? Rather than the pellets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Yes I agree but he's looking for something they can have b4 school then when he gets home he can give them their crickets /worms

Evan Curry

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes I agree but he's looking for something they can have b4 school then when he gets home he can give them their crickets /worms

Yea im not looking for something to feed him all the time of just stuff i can put in when i will not be home because he does not enjoy dried out fruits and veggies. He only eats them wet which is why i dont like leaving it for a long time because once the food dries out he wont touch it

Dinky-Blinky

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea im not looking for something to feed him all the time of just stuff i can put in when i will not be home because he does not enjoy dried out fruits and veggies. He only eats them wet which is why i dont like leaving it for a long time because once the food dries out he wont touch it

Just put a little bit of fresh in in the morning put it on cool side and mist it with water it will stay fresher for longer

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I guess I'm lost why not put the feeders in a bowl when you leave and he can go and eat them on his own when he's hungry? And put the salad stuff on the cool side misted with water. I mean that's what I do for my own 2.. Each morning they get a bowl of greens/veggies misted up real good that goes on their cool side. Then they both get a bowl that has some feeders in it (supers and dubia) and I put some of the salad/veggies in with them to munch on and hide under and that goes in the center or next to the bowl of greens.. That way if they are not hungry after they've warmed up they can go down and eat them when they want to..
Am I missing something?

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
My vet likes Mazuri pellets. Just moisten them a bit till he's used to them. I always have the pellets in there and I'll throw fresh stuff in when I can. Due to work sometimes I'm never home long enough or when they're awake for them to eat. But I have happy, healthy lizards

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
What are best worms to feed bearded (1 yr ok) that are nutritious not just snack.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
I give mine superworms with a dusting of calcium 2X week, crickets 1x week and greens everyday. Some will say supers make them fat, I've not had that happen with my beardies. With the superworms plz don't give them to a dragon that is under 1 yr old.

Kpontius

Hatchling Dragon
I give mine superworms with a dusting of calcium 2X week, crickets 1x week and greens everyday. Some will say supers make them fat, I've not had that happen with my beardies. With the superworms plz don't give them to a dragon that is under 1 yr old.

Thank you. He is now eating 1" crickets, do superworms come in sizes? Sorry that I have no idea.