• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wondering

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been working with my beardie since I got him we have him in a harness but I would eventually want to not use the harnedd in the house just when he is outside will that ever happen the person that I got him from always had him in a harness...... is there a way that I can slowly start him without the harness I had him for 2 weeks and he wants to go all the time he is good on the bed if I keep him in the middle. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I don't use a harness in the house. I make sure that they can't get stuck under any furniture and there are no holes for them to climb into or anything that could hurt them.

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would love to have a room like that but I don't he is good most days and he will just chill other days he is very active today he walked everywhere and got to where the Anole's were that is a no no ....... I just don't want him to get under the couch or woodstove

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - I just recently got a new kid. he's veerryy skittish. poor thing. he's in counseling. (kidding - but he does not lots of reassurance and work) He likes to jump off me and run around. He's on the smaller side and fast so it takes a bit of energy to watch him (well - a lot of energy) so I thought I would put him in a harness with a bright blue string. did NOT like it !!! but - I got it on and he (grudgingly) accepted it. The little sh_t ESCAPED the harness!! I have NO idea how he did that! By the way - I named him after little sh_t : LS = Ellis :)

Rennie

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Mordred was not handles a lot the person that I got him from got him from an ex that thought she would like one .... he is the sweetest thing ever he fell asleep behind me on the couch today while I was doing work on the laptop.

Attachments

• Sleeping.jpg
    Sleeping.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 15

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Here's what I do: I use towels I shove them under the couch just where they can get in not the whole (under the couch) I went to my local thrift store got a bunch for like 5 bux, washed em I've found that works perfectly for me and my 8 beardies, been working now for 9 yrs, good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk