• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White Patch On Beard

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
probably being crazy, but there is a white patch when looking at him face to face.
I thought it may be shed, but doesn't appear to be.
He is a red hypo trans leather so he shows out, but I just want to be sure it's all good.
Acting all normal...

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
agree with patsy sounds like shed sometimes it can take a miserably long time for them to go thru the process.

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
Yea it is still like that.... I'll get a pic soon... I'll look and see if I have one, but rather a shot of it specific

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Does it turn black along with the rest of the beard? If not I tend to agree with the above beardie parents. Could also be old shed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
See, no worries, we learn as we go along. Keep posting, we love pics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I figured as much just one of those deep shed's that seem to take forever to come off.. I think another factor to take in consideration is if your beardie brumated or slowed down that would also slow everything down..Glad that it came off and all is good