• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

When should i seperate

Mulan&Mushu

Bearded Dragon Egg
When should i separate my male and female I DO NOT want to bread them and when I first got them I thought they where both girls but mushu is a boy and I don't want them tho bread I am unequipped for that they are both 8 months

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He was grey in that photo - that's my front door - like a dog - he wanted to go OUT !!
They wont be depressed if you separate them. they are solitary animals in nature. as a matter of fact, if you keep them together, it is more than likely that one of them will become dominant and take the best food and the best basking spot and pester the other. if the male becomes the dominant one - he may try to mate the female to the point that it makes her sick. you will actually be doing a GOOD THING to house them apart. I let both of my kids out together to play - unless the male starts biting the female (he will do that as a precursor to mating) then I just separate them for awhile and tell him NO. I don't know that he understands the word, but he definitely "gets" the tone of voice. :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now is the time before it gets too far...

Latest posts