• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What is this grey ring by his eye?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I noticed a couple days ago that a dark ring looking thing was above his eye and it isn't going away. He is looking a little dull like his body is about to shed but not his head yet so I don't know what this could be.

DSCN0203.JPG

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Looks a bit concerning and not like a shed. Could he have gotten into something that could leave color on his skin? Kratos has gotten green lips and cheeks and hands from hornworm guts and it washes right off. It almost looks like a slight injury. It looks like there is a spot of it as well by his other eye. I would try gently washing the little spot off with a q-tip and a little water. If it doesn't come off he may have scruffed himself on something.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I haven't used a q-tip. I'll try that tomorrow during his bath. I have used my finger and gently rubbed it with a little water and it didn't come off. I'm just worried about it cuz its been there for a couple days now. There is a small dot on the other side too.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is the eye itself swollen or watery or anything like that? Has he been scratching his head on things in the tank?

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
Not watery or swollen. I've seen him scratch his head like a dog with his back leg on that side but as far as I know he hasn't scratched it on anything in the tank. He seems totally fine and has actually been a lot more alert, running all over his tank now and I let him out of his viv twice and the second time he went exploring all around my apartment so he doesn't seem like he's in pain and I've been petting his head even on the spot and he will close his eyes and sit there like he's enjoying the petting. I just wish it would go away! I'm just so darn nervous... I don't want anything to be wrong with my new little baby.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hmmm, maybe he did something when he scratched his head with his foot.

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
It's probably just a scratch then. I'd keep a close eye on him to make sure he doesn't injure it worse. Hopefully it doesn't scar. Kratos had a small scratch on his hind leg when I got him but it healed after the next shed. He does have a small spot on his back that is a scar though that won't go away. Check for the things in his cage that could have sharp corners.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I'll check in the morning =) I hope he gets his color back afyer his next shed. If it is a scratch do I need to do anything to it to help it heal or will it heal itself?

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
A little scratch like that should heal just fine. It's not an open wound so I'd let it be to heal on its own. Someone more experienced may jump on and have a better perspective on how to treat it though.

Scottio

Hatchling Dragon
Had a similar thing with below mines eye, turns our he was swinging his half chewed crix around and it was the guts of a cricket!