• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What can cause this?

Jess.MarksWife

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've been giving him betadine soaks and putting neosporin on his leg and I'm seeing no signs of improvement. He has nothing sharp in his home. He eats well but there are times where he holds his foot weird. I'm sure this will require a vet visit but wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this issue before or may have some suggestions (other than vet). Thank you!
Also, note that he's a little yellow colored underneath and on his legs only from the betadine.
4e0c34c28fc65bd4cae0f4ff737116e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi - it does look irritated. could be a bug bite (cricket?) is his foreleg swollen? Neosporin is good - to keep it protected. might not need the betadine - doesn't look like there is any infection. how long have you been treating this?

Jess.MarksWife

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi - it does look irritated. could be a bug bite (cricket?) is his foreleg swollen? Neosporin is good - to keep it protected. might not need the betadine - doesn't look like there is any infection. how long have you been treating this?
Yes it seems to be a bit swollen. I've been treating it for a while. It was a whole lot worse. I'll show a pic.
7e8a9e046dc048cafca4a4f09c2669e7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oh my. poor baby. yeah - that does not look like a bug bite. it does kind of look like there may have been some infection - perhaps caused by a bite. or - he may have stuck himself with something. it does look significantly better, but I bet it is still a bit tender. so - when you say you're seeing no signs of improvement - no signs of improvement for how long? cuz - it has improved! because of the location - all leg movements will affect it.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my poor thing.. It does look a ton better but still irritated. Looks like he got "hung up" on something and the act of getting free it damaged scales enough to get to the skin to slice it open.
how is the movements in the leg?
A vet check to make sure the leg is ok..