• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What are your bd's nicknames?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Newer Newest Nicknames for Allie: Bugger, Bug, Bugaboo. :D

TheGuvnor

Hatchling Dragon
My youngest daughter (6) calls Bane 'fat man'. She likes it when he is basking and all flattened out and looks fat :) .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Mrs. LuLu

Bearded Dragon Egg
DJ actually goes by his nickname. When I got him, the 6th graders voted on a name for him. Each class narrowed down their votes to one, then they all voted on the 5 names. His full name is "Dorito Junior". It was decided at the time of his naming, that if he turned out to be a female, the name would be "Dorita Junior". We actually had to put the final vote out there twice. "Dorito Junior" tied with "Ernie". Since "Dorito Junior" is such a long name, we just shortened it to DJ, and that's what everyone calls him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter usually gets called Dex, Buddy, Dexter Poo or Fatness.

Chipthe

Hatchling Dragon
< This lizards name is undecided, but his nickname is Kaiju, which means big monster. The reason we call him that is because he freaks the heck out of my dog, even though he's only 6 inches long :p

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
I call Alex "cliffhanger" because he likes to climb on everything he can. I have a HUGE dual subwoofer cabinet and i let him run around my room (I set up boundaries so i know he cant leave my room or get under my bed) and he climbed up the screen on the front of the cabinet and got on top and started bobbing his head to the music lol.

Solucki

Hatchling Dragon
Well I started by naming him Maximus like gladiator. Which became max for short. Then I started to get into black ops zombies and I changed to "max ammo"

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
OK, Aries just got promoted to "Pretty Boy"! He seems to enjoy it when I call him by this and keeps tilting his head side ways left and right.... it's so funny!

ccook94

Juvenile Dragon
Nova is babygirl, baby, and boo-bear mainly. I came up with Nova-bug today lol she's a cuddle bug too :)

Zilladragon23

Juvenile Dragon
I know that this is a little dated but I wanted to share. Our girl is named Hermione after the Harry Potter character. My daughter was about 16 months when we got her about six months ago and she started calling every single dragon she sees, anywhere, Miney. So Hermione is usually called Miney

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
I hardly ever call Precious by her name, it's usually Gorgeous. Also Smarty Pants, Know It All, and Twinkle Toes.
When I first got Precious, my mother couldn't wrap her mind around the idea of a reptile being an adorable, personable pet. Anytime my son or I would talk to her about Precious, she'd refer to her as an "it" or "thing" which really irritated us. Then one day my son had his grandma in his room to show her Precious. Precious just walked right up onto her chest and got perfectly comfortable. My mother melted almost immediately. She kept doing baby soft talk to her and she was fascinated and tickled with Precious's toes...that's how the name Twinkle Toes came about. Now every time we talk to her, first thing she'll do is ask how her "little Twinkle Toes is." No more "it" or "thing." That is also one of Precious's many Smarty Pants moments too :D