• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com!

Budley

Bearded Dragon Egg
image.jpg
Hi there, my name is Gill, very new to this. Got my first beardie a few months ago now after lots of research and time I decided to go for it and he is totally awesome. His name is budley and he has a great character about him.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies they are great!!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
View attachment 16924 View attachment 16926 This is Neville my rescue Dragon still figuring things out he had his jaw broken so its been different learning how to care for him but he is a sweet guy just wanna make sure I can give him what he needs.....
Awe poor baby glad you have him now.. yea he needs some hydration for sure those fat pads are sunkin in :(

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
Katie here! My family currently consists of a husband, 2 girls, 5 and 7, 2 dogs and a cat. We are heavily researching before we bring a bearded dragon into our home. I am a vet and have some, small, experience in reptiles but know there is so much me I need to learn! I am wanting to build our own enclosure and furniture before we even bring our new family member home! Can't wait to get started!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Welcome! We look forward to your future endeavors with a beardie, any advice you may need are located in the sub forums here. Any questions plz ask

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

CASmith77

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a handsome fella named Franks and Beans (Frankie). I believe he's around 7 months old, he is 18" long. We love to sunbathe everyday in sun! I'm happy to have found this for bearded dragons!

Attachments

• IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 36

CASmith77

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm a new beardie owner. I bought mine from pet store April 2,2017. They said they usually get them at 1-2 months old. I'm guessing mine is around 7months old . He is 18 inches. What are yalls opinions on how to tell age?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm a new beardie owner. I bought mine from pet store April 2,2017. They said they usually get them at 1-2 months old. I'm guessing mine is around 7months old . He is 18 inches. What are yalls opinions on how to tell age?

It's really hard to tell. I got mine around 9g from the Pet store and just made a guess they were 1 month old when I got them.

MDC

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com! We strive to provide a free and family-friendly place for the discussion of all things related to bearded dragon care. Please take a minute to tell use about yourself and your pets or your interest in a new pet. I think you will find our community both helpful and friendly!

Best,

Josh
Hi Josh, I have had my Bearded Dragon from Feb 1, 2011 to April 17, 2016, when a frigging Hawk got him, my sister got me another one this last Christmas. The first 2 pics are Charlie my bud who was 5 when that Hawk got him.The last 2 are my little Buddy Charlie II They both love watching TV and playing in their outdoor 12' × 30' retreat.
Screenshot_2018-02-16-20-21-11-1.png
Screenshot_2018-02-16-20-21-25-1.png
Screenshot_2018-02-16-20-21-25-1.png
20180114_093816.jpg
20180210_184031.jpg
20180210_184031.jpg
Screenshot_2018-02-16-20-21-11-1.png
20180114_093816.jpg

MDC

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com! We strive to provide a free and family-friendly place for the discussion of all things related to bearded dragon care. Please take a minute to tell use about yourself and your pets or your interest in a new pet. I think you will find our community both helpful and friendly!

Best,

Josh
Hi Josh, I have had my Bearded Dragon from Feb 1, 2011 to April 17, 2016, when a frigging Hawk got him, my sister got me another one this last Christmas.

Teresa Parsons

Bearded Dragon Egg

Best,

Josh
Thank You.

Drago’s Mom & Dad

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently got my beardie, Drago. It is a juvenile bearded dragon so we are unsure of the sex, but it is such a sweetie pie. It loves to climb and explore; using us as it’s own personal jungle gym. I am a first time owner, my boyfriend has had a Blue Tounge Skink before. If anyone has any advice or anything for us, I am always open!

I’m so excited to be part of this family and share Drago’s life with you all!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum. We've put together a lot of info together, you'll find it in the general care section at the top. Feel free to ask for some help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bellasmamma

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Josh, I have had my Bearded Dragon from Feb 1, 2011 to April 17, 2016, when a frigging Hawk got him, my sister got me another one this last Christmas. The first 2 pics are Charlie my bud who was 5 when that Hawk got him.The last 2 are my little Buddy Charlie II They both love watching TV and playing in their outdoor 12' × 30' retreat. View attachment 17961 View attachment 17962 View attachment 17962 View attachment 17963 View attachment 17964 View attachment 17964 View attachment 17961 View attachment 17963
Beautiful!

Leanne Rager

Bearded Dragon Egg

Best,

Josh

Thanks for the invite. I ha e had snakes in the past but this is my first Bearded. I did get him at PetSmart last night. He was very alert and I didn’t observe any obvious signs of medical issues. He’s a juvenile so I just got a 20gallon tank to start for the first couple of months, assuming he does ok. I tried giving him crickets dusted with calcium last night in the tiny temporary tank, but he just wanted out. I did put about 8 of them in the regular tank and saw him nab one that was in his food dish but that was it. This morning he ate 3 in the tiny plastic holder but wanted no more. I took all the others out of his regular tank so they wouldn’t chew on him. He tried to get a couple but missed. Today I bought the larger plastic container and put a piece of the reptile carpet in it for his footing. He ate 4 crickets right awa

Leanne Rager

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am a new owner, have had snakes before but this is my first Bearded. I did get him at PetSmart 2 days ago. He was very active and alert, and on close inspection showed no outward signs of illness. I am afraid I might lose him though because he has eaten almost nothing. He was shedding yesterday but it seemed to go fine, I let him soak a short time and by evening it was done. After buying him Sunday evening, (he is a juvenile), I just let him settle into his 20 gallon started tank. I did put just 2 crickets in with him and he did manage to catch one that was in his dish with the fresh chopped veggies. On Monday morning I put him in a small plastic carrier with 4 crickets to start and he ate those with gusto. I added a few more and he ignored them, just tried to climb up the side scratching to get out. I've kept some fresh chopped veggies in his tank that he hasn't touched, which isn't surprising to me. He also has a few mealworms in a dish but he has only eaten one that I actually put on the rock he was sitting on. Monday evening he again refused crickets in the plastic carrier. I even bought him a larger plastic carrier and put wallpaper around the 3 of the 4 sides to help with reflection and reptile carpet on the bottom. He refused to eat crickets again this morning (Tuesday), scratching to get out. I did put about 5 of them dusted with calcium in his 20 gallon tank and he tried to catch on that was on his rock but missed it. He has ignored the rest. He watches them but isn't making an effort to try and catch them. I have 3 sides of the 20 gallon tank covered with wallpaper but he can still see his reflection. Although he basks during the day, when evening comes and I turn on the light for evening hours he goes to a corner and tries to climb up the side and stays there all night long. I don't know what else to do and am afraid he might die within a day or two. A I'm afraid to try and force feed because he is so small still. Any suggestions?
If so please email me at: [email protected]

Thank you.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I am a new owner, have had snakes before but this is my first Bearded. I did get him at PetSmart 2 days ago. He was very active and alert, and on close inspection showed no outward signs of illness. I am afraid I might lose him though because he has eaten almost nothing. He was shedding yesterday but it seemed to go fine, I let him soak a short time and by evening it was done. After buying him Sunday evening, (he is a juvenile), I just let him settle into his 20 gallon started tank. I did put just 2 crickets in with him and he did manage to catch one that was in his dish with the fresh chopped veggies. On Monday morning I put him in a small plastic carrier with 4 crickets to start and he ate those with gusto. I added a few more and he ignored them, just tried to climb up the side scratching to get out. I've kept some fresh chopped veggies in his tank that he hasn't touched, which isn't surprising to me. He also has a few mealworms in a dish but he has only eaten one that I actually put on the rock he was sitting on. Monday evening he again refused crickets in the plastic carrier. I even bought him a larger plastic carrier and put wallpaper around the 3 of the 4 sides to help with reflection and reptile carpet on the bottom. He refused to eat crickets again this morning (Tuesday), scratching to get out. I did put about 5 of them dusted with calcium in his 20 gallon tank and he tried to catch on that was on his rock but missed it. He has ignored the rest. He watches them but isn't making an effort to try and catch them. I have 3 sides of the 20 gallon tank covered with wallpaper but he can still see his reflection. Although he basks during the day, when evening comes and I turn on the light for evening hours he goes to a corner and tries to climb up the side and stays there all night long. I don't know what else to do and am afraid he might die within a day or two. A I'm afraid to try and force feed because he is so small still. Any suggestions?
If so please email me at: [email protected]

Thank you.

They do go through some relocation stress. Even after seeming to be fine at first, the reality of not leaving this new place sinks in and they get a little cautious. Keep trying to feed him. Try not to handle him too much and let him get used to his new home. You could try putting the crickets in a glass bowl and see if he will eat them out of there for the time being. What light are you turning on for the evening? They shouldn't have any light at night because it disrupts their sleep cycle. The only thing that you need to turn on at night is a CHE and that is only if the tank drops below 65 degrees.