• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waking Up Beardie To Bond

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
So my guy is good.....but I want to know about getting him out after he has been asleep for 2 hours or so and let him snug/cuddle?
This cool to do?
Bothersome for the dragon?
My guy at even a young age is in the clock and if I have him out close to lights off, he starts hunkering down lol.....pretty cool.

But like now, I want to hang with him and let him snug......can I?

Bianca Brown

Juvenile Dragon
I take my girls out a lot through out the day. If they don't want to be bothered they will let you know. My girls jump of my hand when I want to take them out and go back under the Basking Light.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
At night you should let them sleep. They need a sleep cycle just like we do and waking them up will make them crabby the next day.

Twinkie13

Juvenile Dragon
I should say I get him out about an hour or more before and then put him back down to sleep....
Sorry should've specified that I am not waking him....

I have to say, he is already super tame and on a clock....amazing

They are "dogs with scales"...... He has so much personality.... They may be the intelligence of right under rats in the pet world(rats are smart unless anyone didn't know)....I know monitors are very smart too, but I am really amazed how smart BDs are....my 1st and I am in love lol....

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah - they are kinda addicting :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's okay to take them out before bed, I do it all the time because lately I've been getting home a little late. I just make sure I put them back in 20-30 minutes before the light goes out to give them a little bit of a warm up.

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
I think it is ok to take them out as they are about to fall asleep - sometimes with Skittles I take him as he is about to go to sleep, let him fall asleep on me, then gently put him back in his cage when I'm done. I haven't seen any ill effects. He sleeps HARD. Doesn't even wake up when I put him back in the tank. I don't know if that's all beardies or just him. The way I see it, he's about to fall asleep either way and I'm warmer than the enclosure so he probably likes it better