• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Hood Mirrors

beeneufe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My beardie has been super, super lazy since I upgraded her terrarium, so been doing some digging around her cage to see what could be the issue. I've been wondering if her UVB light is not getting in contact with her, as it rests on grooved wood (see picture) rather than hanging in the cage itself. I have it resting so the mirror part faces her basking spot, but really don't have a sense of how UVB rays travel. Do the mirrors do what mirrors should do, or does UVB need to be direct hit?

Hope this makes sense... wasn't sure how else to describe it.

Attachments

• IMG_8618.JPG
    IMG_8618.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8619.JPG
    IMG_8619.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_8620.JPG
    IMG_8620.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 46

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks like she is not getting the amount she needs.. I would direct the UVB right down onto her, she can always move around to thermoregulate herself.

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
Good work! She should start to feel better soon. Keep us posted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks fantastic!! You should notice a difference in her behavior

beeneufe

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Came home today and she was waiting patiently for me at the door. She's been moving around and basking all evening, and she had an outdoor adventure. Thinking the UVB was definitely the issue, as she already seems loads better.

Attachments

• IMG_8624.JPG
    IMG_8624.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_8626.JPG
    IMG_8626.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 32

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Came home today and she was waiting patiently for me at the door. She's been moving around and basking all evening, and she had an outdoor adventure. Thinking the UVB was definitely the issue, as she already seems loads better.
Glad to hear that she seems better!!

Mom of blazey

Juvenile Dragon
You're a good beardie mom/dad! Thank you for taking the time to find out what could be wrong, you'd be surprised how many ppl don't give a crap so, it's nice when someone does☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk