• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Using old fish tanks.. might seem like a stupid question

bertie1606

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi all, if I were to use an old fish tank as a temporary viv, could I use the controller that's already attached and just put the correct uvb light in? Would that work? Was kind of thinking the controller for fish tanks is the same for reptiles just different bulbs needed....

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hi all, if I were to use an old fish tank as a temporary viv, could I use the controller that's already attached and just put the correct uvb light in? Would that work? Was kind of thinking the controller for fish tanks is the same for reptiles just different bulbs needed....
I've used old fishtanks myself, you want to get a wire screen top and different hood systems as the bulbs get much hotter than that of fish tank hoods.