• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tv stand enclosure

jayce

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm converting a tv stand into a 47x19x19 tank. I just purchased a new t5 fixture and t5 10.0 reptisun bulb. I'm putting all my lights inside the tank. is the t5 gonna be too strong at that height? I don't plan on making basking area up high. it might be 2" or 3" off the floor

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
would love to help but lighting is not one of my fortes.
I believe that there is a link below to lighting which may be of some benefit ---

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If you are putting the T5 inside the tank, you could probably use the 5.0 bulb.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thats a big tv stand! a lot of vivariums come in slightly smaller than that at 48x18x18 and they take a t5 tube no problem, as they dont produce much heat. Just make sure you make some vent holes on the back, two high and two low ,this will keep the air circulating.

jayce

Bearded Dragon Egg
20170603_155040.jpg

jayce

Bearded Dragon Egg
I managed to get both lights mounted underneath so everything is tucked in good. upgraded to a reptisun 10.0 t5 light, and only had to use a 75 watt bulb to get temps right. I really like how this conversion came out. it only cost me $15 to build.

jayce

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank y'all very much. I definitely love the way it came out. I think gizmo likes the extra room even more