• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trying to get my Dragon out to play

Wingless Elliot

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I need help trying to get my new Dragon out to play . He doesn't seem to want to be touched. What would be a good way to get him out. And being use to being handled. Can his spikes hurt us. I am new to the Dragon world. I do want to learn and make my Elliott happy.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Their spikes are soft so they don't really hurt. Mine do have two spikes, one under each front leg, that sometimes gets me if i'm not paying attention.

When you pick him up make sure you are going slow and scooping him up under his front legs awhile supporting his back legs with your other hand. The key is to make slow movements around him so he doesn't get scared. Never reach over his head because he has a "third eye" that when blocked will make him think a predator is trying to eat him.

Latest posts