• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Test results

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maya's test results are positive for pinworms. Coccidia is very low.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, from greathouse farms. She's rushing it to me. I was in contact with her since. Maya ate pureed greens, zucchini squash, banana, peach, vanilla yogurt, probiotics, multivitamin, and calcium with d3 slurry. She eats her bugs just fine. :)

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes, from greathouse farms. She's rushing it to me. I was in contact with her since. Maya ate pureed greens, zucchini squash, banana, peach, vanilla yogurt, probiotics, multivitamin, and calcium with d3 slurry. She eats her bugs just fine. :)

Will they figure out the dose for your dragon's weight too?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just thinking out loud here but – I wonder how she gets infected? Sounds like she's got a great appetite and she's a big girl!

cody

Hatchling Dragon
I'm pretty sure my beardie has pasacites, but his poop doesn't smell that bad, sometimes not at all even. He'll be going to tha vet soon. How expencive is all that ? Like the medicine if it's needed ?

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm pretty sure my beardie has pasacites, but his poop doesn't smell that bad, sometimes not at all even. He'll be going to tha vet soon. How expencive is all that ? Like the medicine if it's needed ?

If he's a new bearded dragon, it'll probably be at least 100$ for a visit, and estimate of 25-50$ for medicine and running a fecal. Have a sample of his poop so they could run it for a float.

Panacur is used for Pinworms
Ponzurial is used for Pinworms and Coccidia.

I've shipped off Maya's fecals to Stacy D from lktesting.com.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No need to worry about your feeders, reptile pinworms are different than insect pinworms. Reptiles only get it from other reptiles. I suppose if you got some cricket that walked through a reptile's feces that could be an infection vector, but that would be the only way that could happen. PInworms are very common and not particularly a big deal. In fact, its possible they may actually help in young reptiles with food breakdown. If the numbers arent high, I dont know that I would actually bother to treat unless there are other health issues involved.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No need to worry about your feeders, reptile pinworms are different than insect pinworms. Reptiles only get it from other reptiles. I suppose if you got some cricket that walked through a reptile's feces that could be an infection vector, but that would be the only way that could happen. PInworms are very common and not particularly a big deal. In fact, its possible they may actually help in young reptiles with food breakdown. If the numbers arent high, I dont know that I would actually bother to treat unless there are other health issues involved.

That is good to know.Thank you.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

The test revealed high levels of pinworms.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ah, gotcha. Well in that case its probably good to treat them to get the numbers down. Was there any sign of other issues? Is this an animal that is new to you?