• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tempted to bring home another Bearded

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so I need advice from those that have multiple Beardies. Here's my situation: I have a girl Beardie for about 2 months. I bought her from an exotic reptile/fish store near me and there was also a large male. They seem about the same age. I haven't gone to the store since I got my little Gina but today I stopped by to get crickets and to my surprise I found the male still there. I only have a 75 gallon tank and I wasn't sure if this is enough space for them if I even got him. Chances are slim that I even get him but for those owners that have multiple Beardies this goes to you: should I even consider this and if so what advice would you give me?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't keep them together. Use two separate set ups. You may hear or read the story is about to living together uneventfully – this is the exception rather than the rule One will typically dominate the other – and in the case of male and female all the more so.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Also, keep in mind that they all have their own personalities so just because you may be having an easy time with your girl doesn't necessarily mean the boy is going to be the same way.

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Very true Patsy. As a matter of fact it seems that this male Beardie is a tad on the active side. He's rather large and seems dominant. It's a shame that no one has picked him up and I'm very surprised. He's a great looking Beardie with grey and yellow hues.

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438034161.204654.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438034180.505580.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's gorgeous! It would be hard for me not to bring him home too.

6 months before we got Luci, there was a pet store that had a bearded dragon and he was HUGE and so sad looking in his tank. We went in every other week for a month and he was always there. One day I was like I HAVE to hold him. They thought I was crazy but I wanted to know what it would feel like to hold a dragon that big. He was such a sweet heart and nuzzled into my neck. They wanted $150 for him and he never came came down in price and one day we went in and he was gone. I always think about him and wonder what happened to him. At the time we weren't ready for another one, we didn't have the room or the means to get a tank. It did get it in my head though that I had to eventually get another one. I love my Luci boy and he has given us hours of entertainment with his antics, but he is just like having a human child, I'm exhausted!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; I have had multable[sp] dragons at once; 10-at 1-time and most were rescue's and rehomes except for mine own 2-so 8-I had to find homes for and you have to block the vision of all the beardies so they can't see one another and 10-times the cleaning and man expensive to feed and lights, veggies ect; I am in Canada so our veggs are sky high right now and you can't get what the beardie like's.1-will like collards and 1-likes dandelion greens ect; and it goe's on.cleaning their tank every day and night, Thank The Lord I am retired or I never would have had the time to do these things.and crix; are more expensive then they were when I first started reptiles.I am very crafty so I can make a lot of tank decoration's for them but man it's a lot of work. But for just 1-more you will need a separate tank for him[by the way he is gorgeous[sp]. To bad he was sold sounds like you really want another and Patsy B is right just because 1-is easy and has good traits in her don't mean the second will they are all different IMOP; Hope some of this helps and good like finding another one and they are like patatoe chips you can't have just 1-river-7

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks for everyone's advice. I'm glad I'm not the impulsive type because I was very tempted to give that bad boy a home. I hope someone that is responsible picks him up.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You seem to be thinking it threw; but it sounds like you may be sorry if you don't get him. He is lovely and a big boy. Tanks you can get cheap off-of craigs list and give it a good scrubb, So hope to hear you got him river-7

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I can be impulsive, luckily my boyfriend is the voice of reason in things like this! He was against getting another one and told me no for months and then we saw Luci at Petco and he was full of personality and won us over. We came home and discussed it for like 10 minutes and he told me to go back and get him! We had the lighting, a 20 gallon temp tank, decor, and food already because of Dexter and the frogs so we just had to figure out how we were going to fit it all into the reptile room.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Way to go Patsy; I am thinking about another as well I have a spare 30-that I keep crix; in and it seems a waste to use it for crix; when I can give a little baby or juvenile a home that needs one-I do have spare smaller tanks for crix; and where I buy my crix; is not far and I will probably be ordering off -of the net soon. river-7