• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange eyes

Kenzie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've had Fred for almost 10 years now and his eye color suddenly changed. He has lived in the basement for some time and does have a heat lamp and a heating pad. He has been sleeping an awful lot so I think he's been in brumation. There is a possibility he is sick though because he hasn't been acting right either. Just very lackadaisical and has no desire to eat. Can anyone help me figure out why his eyes are this strange? They were never like this before. It seems like his pupils are ruptured and his eye color has completely changed

Attachments

• IMG_2030.JPG
    IMG_2030.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 183

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What does his enclosure look like, what UVB light? what basking light? What are the temps for the hot side warm and his cool end? what do you feed live and greens? You say heat pad where is this located?? unless it gets below 65F they don't need a heat pad and they can be bad for them as they don't feel heat from below on their bellies, only from their heads and back that's why they have that "3rd eye" on top of their head to tell them to bask and keep them safe from predators.. Do you take him out (when it's warm enough) to get natural UVB?

10 years old is good.. His pupil does look a bit weird.. Do you have any colored lighting on him? like red/blue bulbs.. If you do that could be the cause as those bulbs can lead to eye damage as they don't allow their pupils to dilate and constrict normally.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Everything that Hdrydr31 said above. Can he see out of the eye? I'm wondering if it's from old age.